What Kind Of Server You Want?

Hello guys, so today Lineage2 became very popular and there are tons of servers, but maybe you cannot find one that suits your individual requirements?
So I made this topic to discuss what kind of server everyone wants now? What kind of stuff should server have or some ideas.
Just try to discuss about this and tell your opinion about what you are willing from new servers.

Share your ideas!!

And also we are loooking for team members to make that "unique" server for everyone.
If you think that you can be somehow helpful to the new idea write me email on - daumantas.samanskas@gmail.com
or just skype me - daumis269.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Daumantas

Low player count today = no players in the future.

An unique server that everyone will want to play on must have at least 200 real players online at all times (incl. night/early morning hours).

Trust me, once you make such a server, players will swarm over to it.

(of course, you might spot a chicken/egg problem here; however, everything stated above has been proven to be the truth)

Edited by Zeeyo

L2Dev you live in NL? In which city?

he is from albania living in greece, claiming he lives in an other place, player name is ScArfAce or what the heck is called , he learned 3 phx exploits that were working in all gevors servers and all 1004 rev based of frozen packs and now he claims he is a pro developer, selling scammed packs around..  i hope i solved your questions

Oh notice that if you flame him he will ddos you till death cause he has a crappy botnet 

Everything regarding oldschool is a nice server, but i would like to see some custom classes/skills never seen or even revamp the existing retail features

he is from albania living in greece, claiming he lives in an other place, player name is ScArfAce or what the heck is called , he learned 3 phx exploits that were working in all gevors servers and all 1004 rev based of frozen packs and now he claims he is a pro developer, selling scammed packs around..  i hope i solved your questions

Oh notice that if you flame him he will ddos you till death cause he has a crappy botnet 

Everything regarding oldschool is a nice server, but i would like to see some custom classes/skills never seen or even revamp the existing retail features

Again you talk shit about a person you do not know ( maybe you confused persons ) I am not greek or albanian. And i do not have ddos tools or whatever you say...

Hello guys, so today Lineage2 became very popular and there are tons of servers, but maybe you cannot find one that suits your individual requirements?

Hilarious.

Lineage2 became popular 6 years ago. And thats when we had tons of servers.

Now we just have out-of-the-box servers with minor changes to config. There is no "popular" set up. Its entirely up to the herd mentality - when the more infamous individuals join a server with a group, other's flock over it. 

L2 has become an arranged fight between prominent alliances like a clan fight in CS, with some random peasants jumping in on somebody else's thunder.

Hilarious.

Lineage2 became popular 6 years ago. And thats when we had tons of servers.

Now we just have out-of-the-box servers with minor changes to config. There is no "popular" set up. Its entirely up to the herd mentality - when the more infamous individuals join a server with a group, other's flock over it. 

L2 has become an arranged fight between prominent alliances like a clan fight in CS, with some random peasants jumping in on somebody else's thunder.

Check your facts, 2009 was 6 years ago and L2 had already faced the IL vs Kamael and later conflict and the popularity was noticeably declining. Of course, by 2011, when NA got HF, people suddenly started playing on GF servers that they had previously en-masse abandoned for GE and/or Freya (mostly due to what you described), but the trend was still straight downhill.

L2 was popular 10 years ago (2005), at C3/C4 transition times, when most of the important features have been finally shaped up, and it had received great visibility from Prelude/C1/C2. These golden times (technically, you can add C1/C2 here as well) lasted roughly until IL/Kamael. After that, it was slow but steady slope downhill (hardly visible in K/K+, a little more apparent in Gracia, but starting to show more and more with GE, Freya, HF. At HF L2 was almost dead in official servers, and people (exceptions only confirm the rule) were playing exclusively on IL or GF private servers.

Since GoD, it's no longer possible to ignore the downward slope trend, since L2 is going full speed down the hill, getting worse (= less and less players, and the remaining ones usually only log to do one daily and instantly logoff) with every update. Similar stuff in private servers, made even worse by the fact that almost all of them are years and years behind Lineage II (of course, some people love IL more than anything; HF seems to be trying to become the moral successor of IL).

Edited by _dev_

Check your facts, 2009 was 6 years ago and L2 had already faced the IL vs Kamael and later conflict and the popularity was noticeably declining. Of course, by 2011, when NA got HF, people suddenly started playing on GF servers that they had previously en-masse abandoned for GE and/or Freya (mostly due to what you described), but the trend was still straight downhill.

L2 was popular 10 years ago (2005), at C3/C4 transition times, when most of the important features have been finally shaped up, and it had received great visibility from Prelude/C1/C2. These golden times (technically, you can add C1/C2 here as well) lasted roughly until IL/Kamael. After that, it was slow but steady slope downhill (hardly visible in K/K+, a little more apparent in Gracia, but starting to show more and more with GE, Freya, HF. At HF L2 was almost dead in official servers, and people (exceptions only confirm the rule) were playing exclusively on IL or GF private servers.

Since GoD, it's no longer possible to ignore the downward slope trend, since L2 is going full speed down the hill, getting worse (= less and less players, and the remaining ones usually only log to do one daily and instantly logoff) with every update. Similar stuff in private servers, made even worse by the fact that almost all of them are years and years behind Lineage II (of course, some people love IL more than anything; HF seems to be trying to become the moral successor of IL).

6 years was just a ballpark figure. I don't see a reason to be accurate for the context in question, the intention was to establish that L2 was popular a long time ago.

I don't correlate the success of the game to the update, because the trend I noticed regardless of chronicle is that the game is reduced to grind for few weeks then sit at Oly manager. There are very few encounters out of town and even fewer reasons to actually do so.

Game has become shit, but I won't blame it on NCSoft or updates. At the end of the day, if we are on these forums, we shouldn't really care about whats happening on official servers...

Edited by Epiquin

Game has become shit, but I won't blame it on NCSoft or updates.

But there is a reason to blame NCSoft (and yes, I mean NCSoft, which is typically referred to as NC Korea, even though NCSoft manages both Korea and Taiwan, leasing prebuilt serverpacks to contractors in other regions). NCSoft made a decision in the very beginning that they are the only ones to decide who lives or dies what is "Lineage II". That's why IAM INTERACTIVE was knocked out by terminating their contract. That's why everything that regional contractors are allowed to do is limited to creating pre-approved premium items.

The worst part is that NCSoft only cares about Korea/Taiwan (both of which are THE ONLY regions that require real ID; tencent does not, they merely have firewalled their Tiantang 2 servers away from the rest of the world).

GoD is the perfect example for introducing features that cannot work in international servers, e.g. mentorship and features only Korea asked for, e.g. class unification.

At the end of the day, if we are on these forums, we shouldn't really care about whats happening on official servers...

As bad and illogical those features are, players will want them. Therefore you are forced not to ignore the official servers. Even if you don't care ;)

Edited by _dev_

Stack sub, 5-10x

1+1

no masteries stacked, no mutants

Why?

becaue people dont have to play primarly solo suports, because it takes longer for you to get leveled, because it makes pvp's better, because its different yet better

because every server i played which was stack sub was good, intense pvps and mostly good players