[Help] Problem with weapongrp.dat

M1X0S

When i try to put Critical Error's Epic Weapons__IL_ in my weapongrp.dat i get an error!!

I have done this many times and it was fine!! But now an error keeps appearing and i can't install them!!

Plz HELP!!!

P.S Yes my client is IL

EDIT: I have tried more weapons and all make the same error!!! HEEEEEEEEELP

• 1 year later...

When i try to put Critical Error's Epic Weapons__IL_ in my weapongrp.dat i get an error!!

I have done this many times and it was fine!! But now an error keeps appearing and i can't install them!!

Plz HELP!!!

P.S Yes my client is IL

EDIT: I have tried more weapons and all make the same error!!! HEEEEEEEEELP

what u tried to do?copy the codes and paste them?try to see if u already got a weapon with the same ID.

Ow...... i find the problem... the problim is from the file edit.....download this file edit and you don't have problem..... http://rs756.rapidshare.com/files/324451822/L2_FileEdit_Interlude.rar

i found this file edit to an other topic..!!

here we go again..

Well there is a VERY basic rule... if u can open a file with fileedit.. then u can also modify it and save it succesfully... now what that means ? it means that if it gives u error ONLY when u try to save it then there is something wrong with the lines u add ! wrong syntax..... perhaps what u try to add isnt for IL (and need adaption)... or perhaps u make the common mistake to forget to add an empty line in the end of the file.

the fileedit NEVER has problem!!.. if u cant open the file.. then maybe u have wrong version of fileedit or u dont have a patched system. (btw there are some cases that 2 different fileedit for different chronicle/throne can open the same dat file but give a different output (syntax). i have noticed that case in itemname-e(some version of an IL fileedit gives a bit different syntax than kamael fileedit).. in that case u cant save the file if u dont use the right fileedit.. but still its a syntax problem.. not fileedit's problem!)

---------------

why its so hard to understand that :/ all the time.. topics like this!

and btw.. u can add items with same id as many times as u want(!) fileedit will never give u error for that!.. (but ofcourse u mess up the items and u gonna have other problems later.)