How To Add Custom Titles To Your Server

Dreamless

How to add custom titles to your server

I'm in a good mood today so I'm going to share another guide on how to add custom titles to your server. It is one of the easiest procedures ever so... here we go.

Basic stuff needed:

1. DBcutil. This one Convers DBC files to CSV.
  2. Microsoft Excel
  3. MPQ Editor (Download the 32-bit version. Not going to get in to it, but just do it. Lulz.

Chapter 1: Find your chartitles.dbc

EwnLhse.png

Chapter 2: I don't have a @%#^@# title for this one.

What you have to do now is to create a folder at your dekstop and name it as you want (i.e DBFileEdit).

Drop the Chartitles.dbc file in there as well as the DBCutil. 

Execute the DBCutil and it will automatically convert the DBC file in to a CSV one.

Once you open the CSV file you should see something like that:

gbvi.png

Chapter 3: Title creation and Important Info.

Go to the end of this list and add you own title like this:

7qn0.png

Let me explain (1) and (2) now.

(1) is the number of the title compared to the total. You will HAVE to right this number otherwise your title will not be recognised. For example if you charlist.dbc file has 177 titles, you will have to write 178 in this first column.

(2) As you can see there is a %s. The meaning of that is where your title goes. If you have %s before the title then you will have your name first and then the title (i.e Dreamless Devium Master). If you have it after the title, then you will have your name after the title (i.e Devium Master Dreamless).

Chapter 4: Now what?

After you are done with this procedure save this and close it. Now execute DBcutil once again in order to create a DBC file. After that you will have to create a patch for that. 

Open your MPQ Editor, name the file something like patch-10 and then make a new folder inside it named DBFilesClient. After that add your modified DBC file in there and close it.

ojui.png

Chapter 5: Define and Add it.

What you will have to do now is to define it.

In ArcEMU is really easy to define it.

Go to your ArcEMU World Folder and find player.h 

just put PVPTITLE_NAMEOFYOURTITLE          =NEXTNUMBER

In Trinity and Mangos look for the player.h on game/server 

and you should do it like

#define PLAYER_TITLE_NAMEOFYOURTITLE                            UI64LIT0X0010000000000000 // 143

Save it and close it. Compile your core and then start your world servers. IF you have done everything right test the title with command char settitle.

Credits: Dreamless

Thats all folks.

Hope you like it :)

Edited by Dreamless