[Disussion]Firefox Os

Have you already tried Firefox OS  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you already tried Firefox OS

• Yes
    • No, but i am planning to
    • No, I ll never try that ****

The new mobile phone OS by Mozilla is here! With an amazing design and ultra smooth layout is definitely one of the new most wanted mobile phone operating systems. Although it lacks some of android features but its still an amazing choice for every phone lover. Design: AMAZING, Speed: Beyond limits firefox OS is an OS that you should try out! 

Although we still need an ARMv6 script to port the OS to some of our devices.

I made a poll to see how many of you already tried it or how many want to try it.

If anyone is up to android development can drop me a pm and we can start working on an ARMv6 script which it will allow us to port it to some other devices

Those are some devices that Firefox is already working:

Tier 1

Tier 1 devices represent a primary target for development and will typically be the first to receive bug fixes and feature updates.

Keon Keon is the Geeksphone Keon device, which is one of the initial developer phones. Note that builds for this device are provided by Geeksphone. Inari Inari is another testing device. Use this configuration to build for the ZTE Open device. Unagi Unagi is a phone being used as a test and development platform as a low-to-midrange smartphone. Many core Firefox OS developers are working on Unagi. Otoro Otoro is a phone being used as a test and development platform as a low-to-midrange smartphone. Many core Firefox OS developers are working on Otoro. Pandaboard The Pandaboard is a development board based on the OMAP 4 architecture, used to do development work on mobile platforms. Emulator (ARM and x86) There are two emulators available: one emulates ARM code and the other runs everything in x86 code. Learn more about installing and using the emulators. Note that you shouldn't use the x86 emulator — it is hard to install and not well supported. Desktop You can also build a desktop version of Firefox OS; this runs Gecko in a XULRunner application, and you then use the Gaia user experience inside it.

You can, of course, build the desktop client or one of the emulators without a phone.

Tier 2

Tier 2 devices are generally functional and many developers (especially app developers) are using them, so they tend to pick up changes secondarily.

Samsung Nexus S The known working model numbers of Nexus S devices are GT-I9020A and GT-I9023. Others may work. Samsung Nexus S 4G The SPH-D720 is supported as a tier 2 device. Tier 3

Firefox OS can be built for these devices, but they are not being actively worked on a regular basis by core developers. Their reliability and feature set may lag noticeably behind tier 1 and even tier 2 devices.

Samsung Galaxy S2 The only model that works is the i9100; no other variants are officially compatible. (i9100P might work, since the only change is a NFC chip added) Samsung Galaxy Nexus We are not currently aware of any variations that are not compatible. Tara Tara is another testing device. Manifest of Tara is in master branch only.