Would I Waste My Time And Money If...

ZaNteR

Damn, i need to find Anima :/

anima and archy are anavailable for months now, haven't seen them anywhere, maybe they moved on and made families

anima and archy are anavailable for months now, haven't seen them anywhere, maybe they moved on and made families

Are you having any contact details of them? FB/Skype?

Are you having any contact details of them? FB/Skype?

I had them on my old skype which was blocked due to some fanboy ddos or whatever SE did and disabled my account.

high rates are too much work and very short lived, i want to make sometging that is going to last something that people can invest into (game wise).

you can make hr server what run for years, if you make it wisely. f.e: 3-4 montly ranking wipe, Easy/Medium PvE, ez clan leveling, etc. < these all makes one server better for new and old players either. you have to balance everything, not only the PvP and classes, and it could be 1-2-3 year old srv.

The point is to make a server that wont need to be wiped after a few months.

The best concept that comes in mind is high rate without leveling/farming areas. GM Shop until Vesper/ All weapons without SA. S80+ items retail like so people will do raids/instances and all the other retail like things that will keep them busy. Retail like monthly Olympiad Period so they wont leave after a week and so on.

But if i make something like this everyone will be saying "this is not high rate this is mid rate blah blah QQ etc. etc." and will never join.

Even though gameplay wise if you play on official or on low rates such a server is fun since it offers somethings faster than what you are used to it will fail since players dont have the maturity to understand such a concept.

Maybe your point about 10 years open server its positive but its not that you are looking for.

First of all, if you want to set-up anything just keep a bounch of money for emergency reasons..

As about the pack you said I would not choose Acis.

Also, you need a mature team for the administration not homemade connection but dedicated and all of these issues.

Moreover, advertisement like the others said its very important.

Maybe your point about 10 years open server its positive but its not that you are looking for.

First of all, if you want to set-up anything just keep a bounch of money for emergency reasons..

As about the pack you said I would not choose Acis.

Also, you need a mature team for the administration not homemade connection but dedicated and all of these issues.

Moreover, advertisement like the others said its very important.

I have all that dude, i wouldnt say 10 years if i didnt have the resources to back it up. I allready have 3 dedicated servers doing nothing. Probalby gonna cancel the 2 of them.

Well, if you have resources to run a server for 10 years, why don't you make like the first mid year without donations and then later on if you see that the community is interested in donations you open them up?

The server wont have donations for items etc. Donations will be voluntary without rewards.

Ok if you have everything open it.

And if it doesn't work close it do it as a test like a beta period.

The best thing to do is to have fun with it since you can offer the money, like setting up a skilled team and try make something interesting.

You can try create a server retail like with proper customized things for 2013 players(time changed!) you can't open a server with 0 buffs for example,it will fail with 200 players max.Found some willpower guys and give them a chance to create what they wanted but didn't have the money to do so. You can even start a big community,like starting a project with 4 servers. 4 teams with 4 different servers(clients/rates/pvp or pve). You can even co-operate with maxtor.

I don't know,since you have the money & want to create a server,you should enjoy it and not tryhard with it.

The best thing to do is to have fun with it since you can offer the money, like setting up a skilled team and try make something interesting.

You can try create a server retail like with proper customized things for 2013 players(time changed!) you can't open a server with 0 buffs for example,it will fail with 200 players max.Found some willpower guys and give them a chance to create what they wanted but didn't have the money to do so. You can even start a big community,like starting a project with 4 servers. 4 teams with 4 different servers(clients/rates/pvp or pve). You can even co-operate with maxtor.

I don't know,since you have the money & want to create a server,you should enjoy it and not tryhard with it.

Easier said than done, i used to look for someone to take over for my old l2 server but nobody was intrested of being their own boss. Probably it was because it was an allready established server but there was always the option of starting over on a new project in their own terms. Its not like i didnt give them complete freedom or anything...

• 3 weeks later...

After thinking a bit, i decided to go through with this. It will be a Freya High Five x10 retail like server.

Before i take the next step i will wait for the next stable release from l2jserver wich might take a while.