[HELP] GDE Grr & Critical? Client modder needing jedi tip. [hat mod fix]

th3piper

Without having server access to change armor tables, can I still make these custom hats work as just a player? YES I searched! I googled and searched for 7 days!!!

The problem I was having was where my hair is sticking through the hat. The game does not change hair to be changed for hats like it will with Wizard or Jester hat.

shot00119m.jpg

I have tried changing more values to be different in armorgrp.dat, and have also tried prying open helmet.grp and hairaccessorylocgrp but nothing i tried helped after that. I was thinking to add a new line into hairaccessorylocgrp.dat with the new textures for first or so value, but this didn't help either.

So is there any way to get this working right without having to change the server's existing MySQL armor tables? Was I on the right track?

The item I am trying to replace client-side is one of the "phantom of the opera" half-masks.

I am coming from Aion developing so thanks guys for baring with me.

Hello,

your solution is in adding at the end of mesh file - m003_a or m005_a or just m000_a(thats without any hair).

For exmple myhat_m003_a.obj - that is correct name for a model, then to be placed onto the OAUKX_C6.

Ok, so as I thought, all of the animation ukx files came named at the end like: HAT_MFighter_m003.ukx, HAT_FShaman_m003.ukx, etc.

So these [animation] files already have m003 at the end of their UKX names. Other than the ANIMATION files that are included as such, there is of course 1 UTX texture file for the whole package to get textures from.

Is the problem I have to make staticmeshes? Because this pack seems to only need animation folder files and systextures folder files to operate for everyone else.

I got to try the hat with every hair style, even no hair at all, and none work good except the "no-hair" path. Except then you have huge holes in your head lol.

Original Topic Shared by GRR here: http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=246742.0

Grr and Crit obviously too busy to help a fan. They're in celeb mode maybe .

This is the line I used to replace into  armorgrp.dat:

1	[iD#HERE]	0	3	5	5	0	Munch_Snapback_MFighter_m003.Munch_Snapback_MFigh*er_m003			Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00			Munch_HatsTex.Element_i00					4294967295	10	8	0	0	19	1	Munch_Snapback_MFighter_m003.Munch_Snapback_MFigh*er_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FFighter_m003.Munch_Snapback_FFigh*er_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MDElf_m003.Munch_Snapback_MDE*f_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FDElf_m003.Munch_Snapback_FDE*f_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MDwarf_m003.Munch_Snapback_MD*arf_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FDwarf_m003.Munch_Snapback_FD*arf_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MElf_m003.Munch_Snapback_ME*f_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FElf_m003.Munch_Snapback_FE*f_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MMagic_m003.Munch_Snapback_MM*gic_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FMagic_m003.Munch_Snapback_FMa*ic_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MOrc_m003.Munch_Snapback_MOr*_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FOrc_m003.Munch_Snapback_FOr*_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_MShaman_m003.Munch_Snapback_MSha*an_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					1	Munch_Snapback_FShaman_m003.Munch_Snapback_FSha*an_m003				1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00				1					1					0		0		0		0		1	LineageAccessory.Mfighter_middle_ages_m003_a	1	Munch_HatsTex.Element_Hat_t00	LineageEffect.p_u002_a	1					ItemSound.itemdrop_armor_glove	ItemSound.itemequip_armor_cloak	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0

Is this a "noob proof" release and I just have to replace those asteriks before it will work? Lol who knows, but I'll try anything at this point.

well, server values for these NEED to be hair or dhair if I remember right else m00x is ignored. Nothing is wrong with the mesh name but just a tip if you add a "m003" to the end but it isnt named like that, its not gonna work (m003 MUST be included when it was made into ukx form which i did)

NO looking on google for such specific situations such as this wont work, the 'l2 mod' or 'hat fix' searches are not broad enough and its probably like 1/10000 people will actually need help with it, so best you just ask someone or post your issue on a forum who actually associates with l2

Ya sorry i changed the topic title a few times lol. That's a bit odd to say that though, because your share was originally posted into the L2 Client only Mod section. All the problems now-a-days are too broad anyway if you can't find it on google.

Moreover, it's so strange that one wouldn't be able to change the client to set player hair with any item if one really wanted to. I think the fact that's stopping me most is it's rather difficult perceiving a way to do this at the moment with regards to my learning curve. A shame, I was going to be quite the player. Thanks for the reply anyway tho mate, although a bit improbablistic don't you think?

• 3 weeks later...