New L2 Project searching for your opinions!

Dear members of MaxCheaters,

[glow=red,2,300]Before start reading this topic let me inform you that this will be a serious project, Devs, web devs etc, will work from home and from our office too which is located in Athens. More info below.[/glow]

I made this topic because me - and my boss - were thinking to open a L2 server and we will need YOUR (players) opinion. What chronicle should we choose? C6 or higher? Features? Low-mid or high (pvp) rate? L2 OFF or L2J Pack? Should we focus on custom items/farm areas too ?

Before we open the server, we will hire one person (or maybe 2. depends on how difficult the work will be) who will work with us, send us feedback and take orders from us. Of course you will be payed for this. Let's start with:

1) We will need a developer who can set up the server perfectly. This person will be doing his job under my orders and not alone. 2+ years of experience on JAVA, editing and fixing the problems/bugs of the server, 18+ years old. (Can add custom npcs like GM shop etc)

2) Second, we must find a Web Developer - Front and back end. His main role will be only the website and the installation of the forum. (I will be responsible for the forum-topics-users etc). Requirements: Advanced experience with HTML, CSS and Javascript, Graphic designer too (Photoshop skills). Website must be up-to-date with all the latest news, live stats from pvp's, rb status, castle control status etc, live support (i will be responsible for this), Ticket source, web account creation for the game.

3) MySQL - Navicat administrator who can compile the server's files

4) Event manager admin who can edit/add/manage events on the server - Also, pre-events (before the opening of the server), promition & advertising the server

Hired persons must have experience with Lineage2 !

My main role will be: Forum & Website administrator - i will take feedback/ideαs from the users and send it to our developer, support the users ingame (GM) and on forum (experienced with l2 since C1).

The jobs mentioned above will be done by 1 or 2 persons max. We will build a strong team based on 3-4 persons. We WONT hire any GMs except me and my boss. We will probably have a .eu domain for our server. Please read carefully that at the moment we need ONLY your opinions about the server. I will have a conversation with the peoplo who are interesting before we hire them. Jobs will open in a late date.

Give us your info so we can make a strong and promising server made by gamers!

PS; Topic will be updating constantly.

First of all wish you best lack with anything u do , i dont want to be the bad person arround but after 5+ years in L2 and L2J i will say this , community is full of failed server which mostly split the ppl from the few decent servers arround , i like the way players do by DDoS the freaking new and old server , cuz a decent server wont have problem to protect . Since i get the feeling that you and your boss have not idea of development programming , desinging and the rest the whole server will be on the mercy of your developers , so if u dont like something he will be able instantly to screw ur project up , this happened to lots of server , so instead of you and ur friend being the boss , the developers will earn the boss place and u will be just a decorative and follow because of this . You might find a trustfull person ofc and u could never have this problem but i dont think so , anyway most of ppl prefer interlude atm , PvP servers are the best and easiest choice not much of a setup and no stable players ur community will have random ppl daily few of them will stay for even a week but they will refresh if server is a bit intersting , the hard choise is a stable and good low rate which i will personally was going to spend time , i miss the old l2 times of exp and a good server with events , GM's care and ofc fun and PvP .

Best of lack !!! Friendly always :)

Thank you for your reply and sorry for being late (no time due to job).

I will take your answer into consideration.

To tell you the truth, personally i know how ingame admin panel and forum works and how to setup the server only and believe me, the person who will work with us it will take orders from us. He/she won't do whatever he/she wants :)

If this person is from Greece-Athens, we will have a meeting before we hire him.

Hell yeah, we miss the old l2 times as you said but those are only "good memories" now ;)

As for the server, we are thinking to open a low h5 server (full retail pack without too many bugs, misses etc and constantly updated) or a pvp one (same pack + updated like low rate of course).

Once again, thank you for your info :)

PS; bump :]

One question , do you know how DDoS actually works and how you will protect your server against it?Not to mention the problem you will have on a low rate with botting..

If you have the money , go for it.

One question , do you know how DDoS actually works and how you will protect your server against it?Not to mention the problem you will have on a low rate with botting..

If you have the money , go for it.

Yes we know what DDoS is and of course we will have a protection against those "attackers".

As for the botting problem, we are still working on that. We have the money, that's why this will be a serious project :) Not OP donates, premium features etc..  All will be balanced of course, not "pay 2 win".

So basically you and your "boss" want to be the puppet masters when you have developers creating everything for you? I have been developing Java, SQL, and .NET for several years now and I would never take on this project.

What are you and your "boss" contributing to the server, other than orders? Your "qualifications" puts you in the role of being a GM, nothing else. You two are not experienced enough to start a Lineage 2 server, you don't even know how to set it up. If a developer wanted to help with this project, they would be better off creating their own.