Lineage 2 server feature idea discussion.

Livity

The idea of this topic is to create discussion about feature ideas, would they work or not. This is neither about developing nor making a new server. I just wish to have some discussion on. It's always interesting to see other players opinions about features.

You can post your own feature or a way to solve some problem, well argumented and explained.

Make sure you quote the feature on your reply.

I will copy my own text from other topic here to start the discussion:

Way to keep pvp interesting, anti pvpfeed system and make a working server without trolling and useless posts. FOR PVP SERVER!

Understand that server is like society, there wont be utopia's. Fully democratic server's will fall eventually since everyone only think about their own arse. Give every clan leader(or chosen member) right to post and reply on forums, other players must join clans to make difference (parties..). This will cause more organized forums, no trolling, less need for moderating. Also those who show that they are worthy, (x number of pvps) get access to forums (will be deleted if he lack manners). Needs good anti-feed system. Everyone can read forums.

*I will use imaginary numbers, no need to use them as they appear here, just examples.

Anti-feed system: Only players who have over +4* items, will gain status, which allows them to gain and lose pvp points. You will lose a point if you lose a pvp fight.

Item enchanting: Stealing enchants from other players - by killing them. Raidbosses also drop enchants. Example - If I kill a player who has approximately +3 equipment and I Have +0 items I will gain randomly +1 to 1 equipment and the killed player gets -1 enchant to random item. If both players have +0 items, there will be no changes. Everyone has only the set which is given to them on the character creation. If you are not in a clan you will not gain enchants. You can't gain pvp points from clan/ally members.

Raidbosses - shown on map - respawn time -> pvp over the boss. Drops small number of enchants(tradeable). (This will start the progress of enchanting since everyone has +0 items at start)

------- > PvP is the way to progress on server, pvp ladders work without feeding.

That should solve the fact no one PvPs. Also the forum system needs an addition: Simply forbid insulting server properties in global, make sure everyone understands that you are supposed to use forums.

Remember this is discussion topic, so you are allowed to crush other opinions/ideas, but do it politely and argument your own opinion.

/discuss

There were a lot of such topics and they died pretty fast :P

I am keeping my ideas for server that will start soon so i will just comment yours :P

Also those who show that they are worthy, (x number of pvps) get access to forums (will be deleted if he lack manners).

You server where only players that have got something nice to say, to be able to speak? :P Also player is longer on server, it doesnt mean he has manners.

Needs good anti-feed system

I dont like your idea about +4 items to get pvp at all, there are a lot of other ways like not allowing to kill same person in x period of time, same ip etc.

About stealing enchants, i think its cool idea.

There were a lot of such topics and they died pretty fast :P

I am keeping my ideas for server that will start soon so i will just comment yours :PYou server where only players that have got something nice to say, to be able to speak? :P Also player is longer on server, it doesnt mean he has manners.

I dont like your idea about +4 items to get pvp at all, there are a lot of other ways like not allowing to kill same person in x period of time, same ip etc.

About stealing enchants, i think its cool idea.

Well, to antifeed. I have never seen a system which actually would provide as good protection as my idea does, or atleast I didn't find any errors in it. For example IP-restriction, just keep killing your friend... and voila, you have shit loads of pvps. The +4 thingie is there just because it restricts the idea of making new character and just blowing him up.

I forgot to say, that by default if you write an opinion in this topic, it loses all credits for you, everyone can use them as they are stated here without crediting you. I'm going to post my ideas here, I hope some people are brave enough to atleast comment them. :)