[EN] Aerosmith returns since Tyler quits "American Idol"

BonJovi®

Steven Tyler has announced that he will not return for a third season as a judge on ‘American Idol.’ Instead of spending another year hosting a bland televised singing competition, the Aerosmith frontman will focus on what we all know he was put on this earth to do.

In a statement released today (July 12), Tyler explains, “After some long……hard……thoughts…I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I’m back — but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass.”

Tyler surprised many fans and ruffled his longtime bandmate Joe Perry‘s feathers when he joined ‘American Idol’ two years ago. While the nationally televised spotlight gave his band’s back catalog a nice sales boost, many fans wondered how he could successfully split his attention between a music and TV career.

With Aerosmith set to release their first studio album of new material in over 10 years, ‘Music from Another Dimension,’ this November, the time seemed right to choose sides. It seems Tyler is doing so with no regrets: “’Idol’ was over the top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it’s time to bring rock back.”

motivated by money

It's a sensitive approach on the subject, especially when everyone cut off their salaries, so it's time to sell some records again, after all, it's business. Though I am still glad cause Aerosmith returns with new material after a long time

indeed, who ever listen to curent music of scorpions of other old bands... they only listen the golden songs... the old songs that made them who they are

Not really, at least I won't include myself to that category, don't forget the die hards as well. But you are right that there are many people who listen to their hits these days, their golden records but expectations exist.

Wont be the same, they are old and wannabes

Just like scorpion, they try to feed you can music

For sure it won't be the same as you correctly pointed even like this I will give them a shot. It's Aerosmith, after all  xD