Java CPU Usage

nolimmit

Question

Hello guys,

My PC Specs : Intel i7 2600k - 8 cores, 12 GB ram , 1 SSD 120, 1TB HDD ( Java JDK x64)

As OS  for tests : Linux x64/Windows 7, 2008 Server

I have a little big problem with CPU Usage of Java Platform SE Binary.

Actually I test l2j game server that create me problems. ( L2J Frozen Project)

I test on Linux Ubuntu,Debian , Windows Server same problem all x64 and java of course I use x64.

I don't understand the using of CPU when I start the Server java uses 0-1% CPU.

With 1 player online the CPU Usage goes 30% but after he logout and I have 0 online the CPU maintain the 30% of usage.

Searching over 2 months I didn't get yet an correctly answer.

Some people have servers with 1000 players or more online and I'm thinking if I will open my server what will happen with 100 people online and the CPU usage if with 1 player its 30%.

So please if you have an advice what I can do to fix this problem please don't hesitate to write me an answer.

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

The cpu could go to 90% even with one player :P i don't think that the player that logged in is causing the cpu usage , make sure you put the l2j server in high priority(the gameserver) so you can achieve the best quality, try asking your friends to login in the test server and see how the cpu usage is going to increase i think it willbe fine.As far as the java server that holds 1000 players,you need a very clean and optimized pack and i don't know if l2jfrozen can provide it.