Discussion-> Which programming language you use.

Rizlaaa

It's nice and I am trying to learn step by step. C ---> C++ , Java ---> Visual Basic,Visual C.

Nice, that's a good "line" to learn . Since you learn C , C++, java and visual C will be easy . Visual Basic will be a bit hard cause of it's syntax but you will learn it  ;D

Well, i'm coding in JAVA, C++ but mainly in Java.

Reason? maybe its because u can handle the GUI way easier/better in java than any other programming language(imo).

So this time my code challenge is to create my own java layout manager and put it to use.

Previous works was... uhm.. lemme see... Avora Messenger(a.k.a msn clone : challenge for udp/tcp packages(call action, pm and stuff), Game engine (camera mode, cellpaths you know like the one that l2 uses.. tho i stopped it (not much interested after a part)), 3D game w/ JME3 engine (thought i lacked gfxers and stuff so.. i stopped at the npc table coding))

That's all, i think.

Edit: Oh i didnt mention the l2j thinggies, but no biggie.

For those who will start learning coding now, I advise you to start with C++. After learning C++ all the another languages except VB will be very easy to learn.

For those who will start learning coding now, I advise you to start with C++. After learning C++ all the another languages except VB will be very easy to learn.

Visual basic isnt a language for begginers?

Visual basic isnt a language for begginers?

Νο.

It's a good language to begin(yes) but you can learn it whenever you want and you can do many things with Visual Basic. Personally i don't like it :P , i prefer the family of C languages

Nice, that's a good "line" to learn . Since you learn C , C++, java and visual C will be easy . Visual Basic will be a bit hard cause of it's syntax but you will learn it  ;D

Also I am learning octave(open-source matlab).

Never heard about it , what exactly you do with that?

Well it's basically used for mathematic calculations and we use it as electronic engineers for the signals.

A little tip.

You may think that maths wouldn't be a problem since u decided to become a programmer but...

You see, you're totally wrong. (i was wrong as well  :o)

When i came up with the idea of creating my own game engine i've had a lot of trouble coding the Camera functions because i just didn't know the proper maths for it.

Anyway, ill skip the chiti-chat.

Here's a part of a code that needs MATH knowledge in order to move forward(w/ camera):

It's actually spherical coordinates maths (A camera is like a coordinate system means its composed of 3 vectors X, Y and Z)

double xMovement = magnitude * Math.cos(pitch) * Math.cos(yaw); 
        double yMovement = magnitude * Math.sin(pitch);
        double zMovement = magnitude * Math.cos(pitch) * Math.sin(yaw);

Being a programmer ain't so easy afterall.

Hope you get what i mean. GL  8)

A little tip.

You may think that maths wouldn't be a problem since u decided to become a programmer but...

You see, you're totally wrong. (i was wrong as well  :o)

When i came up with the idea of creating my own game engine i've had a lot of trouble coding the Camera functions because i just didn't know the proper maths for it.

Anyway, ill skip the chiti-chat.

Here's a part of a code that needs MATH knowledge in order to move forward(w/ camera):

It's actually spherical coordinates maths (A camera is like a coordinate system means its composed of 3 vectors X, Y and Z)

double xMovement = magnitude * Math.cos(pitch) * Math.cos(yaw); 
        double yMovement = magnitude * Math.sin(pitch);
        double zMovement = magnitude * Math.cos(pitch) * Math.sin(yaw);

Being a programmer ain't so easy afterall.

Hope you get what i mean. GL  8)

Computer Programming has a really close relationshop with Maths. If you want dont know maths then computer programming is not for you.