Server Hacked

marialeonmar

Question

Hello to all MxC!

Im fucking nervous:

When I got up this morning and logged into my server machine, someone had attacked me. My database and server files were erased. I have and l2j freya server (low rates if thats mind, I dont think so). How this could be!!? How someone has access to my dedicated? Im the only one who knew the machine pwd and the db was protected with a strong pwd. I have the web in the same machine as server, could be for that?

Anyway, I would need any typs to prevent that again.

Waiting for replies asap  :-[

6 answers to this question

Or a SQL injection. If your mysql user had file read or write permissions that could have been exploited very easily for total pwnage.

Yeah from the website easily.

Get a better password for your MySQL. If you used root/root it's most likely even for a newbie to log into your database.

Also, if your MySQL is on your local machine, disable external access to it.

Hello to all MxC!

Im -beep-ing nervous:

When I got up this morning and logged into my server machine, someone had attacked me. My database and server files were erased. I have and l2j freya server (low rates if thats mind, I dont think so). How this could be!!? How someone has access to my dedicated? Im the only one who knew the machine pwd and the db was protected with a strong pwd. I have the web in the same machine as server, could be for that?

Anyway, I would need any typs to prevent that again.

Waiting for replies asap  :-[

1) never use the root user, or any user that has all permissions.

2) unless it's needed (such as when creating accounts) I only use a user that has read permission.

3) disable external access.