Your protocol version is different, please continue.

kingz23players

Question

Guys i create my srv and then i start gameserver and loginserver then i go login and i'm selecting srv when i click to the srv tell me that i got DC and tell also "Your protocol version is different, please continue." what to do help pls..?

2 answers to this question

Make sure you got the right client version.This error shows an incompatibility between server and the client trying to connect.So if you use freya then get a freya client or make sure it's a clean freya client.

The easiest way to find your client protocol version is this way:

1) Open Notepad and enter the following information;

l2.bin -L2ProtocolVersion (or l2.exe depending on the Chronical)

2) Save the file in your Lineage II system directory as protocol.bat (make certain the only extension is .bat and not .bat.txt

3) Open Explorer (file manager), go into your L2 System directory and load the protocol.bat file. If you did it correctly a small window will open up after a few moment with the Protocol version of the client you are using. This works with ALL L2 game clients.

protocolv.jpg

4) Add the protocol version displayed to your server config and you will have no problems logging in. Just make certain your server files and game clent are the same Chronical; meaning do not use an Epilogue server and log in with a High Five game client or you will have some major problems.