[Help] Buffer

djpain

Question

so i have downloaded buffer. which buffs whole party. cant edit code. need some help.

def skillCast(player,skill,level,useAnimation):   #

# This line is necessary and gets the skill information.   #

skillInfo = SkillTable.getInstance().getInfo(skill,level)   #

if not skillInfo:   #

return False   #

############################################################################

# This line causes the client to display the animation for the   #

# skill.  If you do not want the client to display the animation   #

# for a specific skill simply set useAnimation to false for that   #

# skill call.  If you want to disable it for all skills simply   #

# comment out the below two lines.   #

# We need to make sure the player has him/herself targetted, but   #

# we also want to make sure we don't permanently change the target   #

# so we will save off the current target before changing it to the   #

# player.   #

currentTarget = player.getTarget()   #

player.setTarget(player)   #

# This gets all the targets for the skill (self, party, clan, ally, etc...)#

targets = skillInfo.getTargetList(player)   #

# Now we reset the target we had before we switched to the player.   #

player.setTarget(currentTarget)   #

# This applies the skill effects to all valid targets.  If you only want  #

# it to apply the effects to the player then you should change "targets"  #

# in the line below to "[player]".   #

player.callSkill(skillInfo,targets)   #

return True   #

targets = skillInfo.getTargetList(player) how to change it to set target only yourself not whole party clan and alliance? trying to do it 4 hours i'm pissed off :| i'm gonna destroy my computer now. someone help me please

This applies the skill effects to all valid targets.  If you only want  #

# in the line below to "[player]". THIS DOESN'T WORK!!!

6 answers to this question

Well i didn't understand well but you want the buffer to buff only you or to buff the whole party just by targeting one of the players in it?

You should change the at the last line the "targets" as it says to "player"

# This applies the skill effects to all valid targets.  If you only want  #

# in the line below to "[player]".                  #

player.callSkill(skillInfo,player)                  #

return True

I'm not sure but i guess you tried it with "[player]" and not simple "player" so remove the brackets.If it still doesn't work then i don't know someone else should help you.Im not that good at coding.

i'm not that dumb, i tried player, [player], self,

instead of it targets = skillInfo.getTargetList(player)

tryed targets = skillInfo.getTarget(player)

targets = skillInfo.setTargetList(player)

targets = skillInfo.setTarget(player)

targets = (player)

and ALOT of other things. and as i said. so i have downloaded buffer. which buffs whole party. WHICH BUFFS WHOLE PARTY. i said i want to buff them? so dont spam. I'm not sure but i guess you tried it with "[player]" and not simple "player" so remove the brackets.If it still doesn't work then i don't know someone else should help you.Im not that good at coding. as i said This applies the skill effects to all valid targets.  If you only want  #

# in the line below to "[player]". THIS DOESN'T WORK!!!

It's my fault i tried to help you lol.You don't mention what you want to do.You just say i can't edit code.SO WHY EXACTLY DO YOU WANT TO EDIT THE CODE?WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO DO?You should provide more info not just saying CANT EDIT CODE.

I also saw some replies on this section saying "I learned everything myself." well do the same here also.

OMGGG i want to edit it cause it buffs whole party clan alliance and everyone. cant you understand it??? lets say i'm fighter and my party member is mage if i buf myself he gets fighter buff too. i want to change that, and as i said i have learned everything myself thats why i was trying to edit code 5 hours and than asked you to help, but no one cares as i see. i cant believe that no one on this server knows how to edit that code

Well i tried to help but you didn't say that before "whole party gets what i choose fighter or mage buffs"

One solution is to get another buffer a normal one.

And the 2nd is to w8 for an answer.

So its on ur hand.