Some assist in variables

popld

Question

I want to store in a list some characters (E.g List<L2PcInstance> Group;). I want to use it on server startup and delete it on server close and I want it to be "seen" by all players, i mean that I don't want it to be different for every player instance. Should I use FastList ? maybe create a new independed class? and where I put it?

working on l2j last rev freya

5 answers to this question

Well first of all it would be good to have a seperate package to put all your custom classes. com.l2jserver.custom or custom. In there you will add your code.

Now you need to create a class that will represent this "bucket" pf players. You can use a singleton or static, we should use static in here.

public class PlayerBucket{

public static FastList<Integer> players = new FastList<Integer>();

//Hook this function in gameserver.java

public static void onStartUp()

{

//Load ids from database,

}

}

You should not use L2Pcinstance but the objectid. Helps avoid memory leaks sometimes incase you forget to remove some things. Also shutdown hook is not necessary cause when server shuts down, the process gets terminated.

using the id of a player you can get his pcinstance if he is online from l2world.

in the custom class i use e.g public class PlayersInTown

I will store their id's in some groups called FastList<int> TownIds[]

and when they leave the town I will remove them. (where I know they left/entered a zone?)

When they log I will just store them if they are in town , I'll use EnterWorld.java?

I am sorry that I haven't give you any further information from start.

[GR] Μου αρέσει που μπήκα στον Αγγλικό Τομέα, και με απαντάνε έλληνες[GR] <--Can be translated in translate.google.com