[Discussion]For those that think l2 is dead.

It has got all to do with most people's mindset.

In Europe/America/Russia, we PvP in real life for any random flying crap that we see the other may achieve before you, try to impose our views over others, disrespect almost everything and don't even try to look at things from a different perspective. Close to insanity.

Most people of asian countries have a whole different mindset than this one... while here we are greedy liars that will take any opportunity for making some sort of delusional profit by betraying people for it or whatever it involves, there they are way more of a helping type and way more sympathetic with everyone else, they like co-op stuff and play together to have fun, not to own others in shame, they respect their enemies. Instead of calling them "noob x0ax0a", they try to share their tips/tricks and will never admit that - even if you are horrible in PvP - that you suck and are worthless ingame. In other words, they care about other's feelings.

If you ask me, they don't even really care what do they play. So L2 resolves around the market it got more income from, and it was Asia, so they are making a game that appeals to what they want to play. And they want to have fun, so they are making glittery starwars stupid crap for them to create evinronments where they can have some :D

Both mindsets are present in both territories, but generally, that is what predomines in both territories.

I would love a PvP community that would respect itself and try to get better and better, creating higher levels of play.

LOL! You pvp in Real life? and who win?  lol you can kill ppl?

This is EU/US forum. We are EU/US. Why should be discuss matters about Lineage 2 regarding Asian community? Lineage 2 is dying by releasing these new chronicles to EU/US, that's it.

This is EU/US forum. We are EU/US. Why should be discuss matters about Lineage 2 regarding Asian community? Lineage 2 is dying by releasing these new chronicles to EU/US, that's it.

still it wouldn't die in nearest year or even 2 :)

Main problem of l2 for now is all this new sh1t that makes classes i would say too similar to each other... like well wtf passives and active skills are for all classes like passive ud, rush etc... there is almost no difference between mages and fighters for example

Just my 2 cents and sorry for my english! :)

True the classes becomes too similar......there is no mater with what class you play......and they make new update every 2 months......Freya, now hi5.....maybe in 1 monthe there will be another new update

I had a discussion with Seketh some days ago in msn and between the rest we discussed about the direction L2 and L2J is going with the latest chronicles. Obviously its not the medieval lineage 2 as Seketh said, but more of a Star wars Lineage 2. After some detailed search on the population decrease, server merging, game quality issues an interesting verdict came out.

L2 is not dying. Infact, its blooming. But not in the West, in Asia.

The couple last years, the Asian living standards has rise. More and more Asian people get access to electronic device and gaming machines. Gamers are being born by the thousand in Asia. The difference between us and them, is that we got a more mature culture in gameing since we've been in the games far more than them. The classic American/European player demands a better more sophisticated gameplay. While the asian, still in his early stage of gaming gets excited by flashy fireworks. So the real deal is that NCSoft is just targeting the market that brings them more money. If the Asian market likes the Freya/hi5/Destruction era, NCSoft will move the game towards that direction cause their market is far bigger than ours ( if not yet, it soon will be , we are talking about Billions of people in Asia ). NCWest is not a gaming company, its a shop. It cant produce games so its merelly following what NCSoft is doing. And what NCSoft is doing, is feeding the needs of their biggest gold mine, the Asian Market.

Hope that  helps you understand why L2 is now what it used to be 5 years ago. NCSoft is not stupid, it didnt kill its game. It made it appealing to the Millions .... and the Billions ... of players that reside in Asia and have different play style and culture than us. That by itself rises many questions about what will we do. Should l2j devs in general keep up with a game that is now a culturally "Asian game" ? And whats the point of that when our target group is the West ? Develop an Asian game for Western people ? Maybe its the time we need to divert from what NCSoft is doing. Yes i mean going custom to provide a game mod more similar to the Europian/American likes of gameplay.

Have a nice day :)

U mean create a different gameplay based on current l2?Thats wow..interesting but isnt it difficult?Im not a java develloper but i think it wouldnt be easy and may took a long time.Also,the most difficult part begins from here..what change of gameplay?all ppl will have different opinions...

Lelouch Vi Britannia you are absolutely right.

And that's why people in Asia prefer AION from wow. Because of it's graphics , Animations and textures.

@lalalalala

I agree with what u are saying , but since many ppl who play l2 , wow , aion and all kinds of MMORPGs have one mutual aspiration.

They want to become the best player in the server and kill everyone even with hacks and bugs

As somoene i know said " Heroism is nice but not enough"

L2 is dying/died in EU/US for a very simple reason , WoW exists. I am not saying it doesn't exist in Asia too but it's quite different plus they aren't used to this western stuff we produce.

For which reason someone would play now on Lineage2's Official , a game which looks like a square platform with mini puppets moving around doing robotic-like movements and same animations all the time.

Western has games like WoW/Rift/Aion , which are "new" games based in a world way more appealing plus realistic. With the word "new" i mean their core. At least you can move A/S/W/D not robotically. Age of l2 has passed. It was quite a success years ago since we didn't knew anything better , now we do.

It's like Sonic the Hedgehog , get used to it ~_~

this new sh1t that makes classes i would say too similar to each other...

Just my 2 cents and sorry for my english! :)

Guess it's your english that make  you not understand the new updates. Therefore you claim that classes begin to look more and more similar, while in fact they're becoming more and more unique.