lineage & linux

• 1 year later...

im posting here coz i didnt find any beter topic :P and dont want to start new...

ok so how to make that client l2 can run at linux? and im not asking about win emulator for linux and playing on win emulator l2 client :P

Yup it works... you can run win emulator at linux and then run L2 but thats not the way i want to run it :P coz its taking mass resources from machine. I need to know is there some way to have client L2 modified that it can run at linux.

Come one guys I know somebody know the answer.

I as far as I know many games are working much faster under linux than on windows ..... so L2@linux would be very nice

Edited by Vision

Thanks nerd_y_ for windows emulations but I am still looking for information about L2 under pure/not emulated Linux. Have you heard about it or currently there is no L2@Linux version?

dblord u have to use CEDEGA, but i dont know nothing about interlude at linux, i know c4 is working

c4 is working ? but on not emulatedwindows in linux or on win emu? can you told us smth more ?

Thanks nerd_y_ for windows emulations but I am still looking for information about L2 under pure/not emulated Linux. Have you heard about it or currently there is no L2@Linux version?

this thread is so wrong it's funny

Linux doesn't make things faster

There's no "L2@linux" "team" simply because that's the dumbest idea of all time

winex IS cedega. wine isn't winex. Winex is cedega's old name. Cedega basically raped wine's open source license and is getting money out of it

VMWare's 3d accel is EXPERIMENTAL which means your guest OS and/or host OS *will* crash like mad, this isn't a good idea

but basically, both wine and cedega will run L2 but only if you patch it to disable gameguard. Gameguard is the only problem you can't easily play L2 on other OSes on retail

omfg !!! read it again ppl :P

"how to make that client l2 can run at linux? and im not asking about win emulator for linux and playing on win emulator l2 client"

2dumb or 2blind?

Same question to you

There's OBVIOUSLY and by obviously I mean OBVIOUS FUCKING LY no way to port L2 to linux. Wine and cedega aren't exactly emulators either, btw

oh, and in case you don't wanna use wine or cedega, forget about playing L2

to answer your question, you're "2dumb" prolly.

Linux doesn't make things faster

I cant agree with you as I used Linux to play EnemyTerritory and I got few % better results than using Win OS. Of course you can say performance depends from graphics drivers. It is partially true because using different driver versions you can get different results but even with the fastest drivers I got better performance under Linux than Windows.

Regarding to L2 under linux thank you for information about Gameguard. It is very useful.

Cheers

Same question to you

There's OBVIOUSLY and by obviously I mean OBVIOUS -beep-ING LY no way to port L2 to linux. Wine and cedega aren't exactly emulators either, btw

oh, and in case you don't wanna use wine or cedega, forget about playing L2

to answer your question, you're "2dumb" prolly.

i ask you that you are blind or smth that you dont see that im not talking about win emu :P but noooo "im mista smart guy(gay) and i must put some sh.it talk about how l2 for linux is dumbest idea"  so plz tell me simple answer if you know that there is some way and how to do it, describe it but if you dont know if there is that kind of option (i assume that there is but if there isnt i hope that there will be in future:P) just shut the fu.ck up coz im not asking about if you know if there is or there isnt... im asking "if there is, tell me how.."

PS. and why in your opinion L2 at linux is dumbest idea? coz in my opinion games (not only L2) should be possible to play on every popular os:P