> Melbourne Shuffle <

Lain

Brief History:

The Melbourne Shuffle is a dance style created in Melbourne during the early 1990's at underground dance parties.

We didn't call it the 'Melbourne' Shuffle when it started. It wasn't like we had some big marketing campaign. It was simply something we did for pleasure and freely shared with anybody who was interested, on the dance floor.

We also encouraged others to add to the artform, it was an inclusive collaborative effort. There were no rules, no limits. That is the spirit of the Melbourne Underground.

To us it was simply the Shuffle, or originally we called it Stomping and the dancers were called Stompers . It was people outside of Melbourne who referred to it as 'The Melbourne Shuffle' and for so clarity, we started calling it The Melbourne Shuffle too.

There are 3 distinct era's in the Melbourne Shuffle

Oldskool: 1990-96

Commercial: 1997-2003

Global: 2006-present today

The culture of Melbourne is very diverse, we love diversity. We have over 200 languages spoken on a daily basis, we have an inclusive tolerant society, and a large long established underground arts community.

All these elements contribute to the Melbourne Shuffle.

LEARN THE BASICS:

HOW DO THE DANCE LOOK?:

I myself dance it for like 1 week, and it's pretty good, I am quite good at it, I know the moves, the left for me to learn is smoothness of the movements, to make it look like a glide.

http://melbourneshuffleoldskool.blogspot.com/ :)

Go ahead and try yourself!

Little inspiration:

84778.jpg

Another great tut: