[Share] Make an NPC dialogue say your character's name!

Sindelia

You can do "your" share in one line

"find "showChatWindow" method from L2NpcInstance and add

"html.replace("%pname%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));"

"

bro that isnt wornking for me... mmmm Gracia epilogue servers dont have the showChatWindow method on L2NpcInstance, instead it is on L2Npc, i added the code in there but... is not working XD i want to make this code global, like: if i write %name% in any html it returns the activeChar name... any ideas?

corect i forgot it !...can i make this for interlude and ι combining with the welcome msg??

As far as I know, Interlude doesn't have that welcome msg by default so, I guess it's a custom mod. Maybe I could help you on a PM if u gave me your enterworld.java, paste it on http://pastebin.com.

bro that isnt wornking for me... mmmm Gracia epilogue servers dont have the showChatWindow method on L2NpcInstance, instead it is on L2Npc, i added the code in there but... is not working XD i want to make this code global, like: if i write %name% in any html it returns the activeChar name... any ideas?

Didn't work for me either but I found the way. ;) (It's global but ONLY for NPC dialogues)

L2NPC:

// Send a Server->Client NpcHtmlMessage containing the text of the L2NpcInstance to the L2PcInstance
	NpcHtmlMessage html = new NpcHtmlMessage(getObjectId());
	html.setFile(player.getHtmlPrefix(), filename);
	html.replace("%pname%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));

Sorry for double post.

ive added some modifications to my L2Npc.java... here they are:

public void showChatWindow(L2PcInstance player, String filename)
{
	// Send a Server->Client NpcHtmlMessage containing the text of the L2NpcInstance to the L2PcInstance 
	html.replace("%objectId%", String.valueOf(getObjectId()));
+		html.replace("%playername%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));
+		html.replace("%npcname%", getName());
	player.sendPacket(html);

but for some VERY ANOYING and estrange reason its not working... can someone lend me a hand with this?

(Gracia Epilogue Server)

EDIT:

Didn't work for me either but I found the way. ;) (It's global but ONLY for NPC dialogues)

L2NPC:

html.replace("%pname%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));

Sorry for double post.

Ahhh! i did that too... but i didnt make it work :S did you? can you explain it a little bit more? only npc dialogues? but i did it on a L2Npc and it isnt working :S (Npc pixie murika, ID 31852)

well... pixie murika is an L2NpcInstance maybe is because of that? dunno... im doing some little coding... ill edit this post if i find the problem :) tnx anyway for your atention

EDIT:

Okay ppl! i finally maked it really GLOBAL but if you want it you will need a little bit dedication and patience... this will also work for any server version and any chronicle...

steps:

you will need to use the search tool of eclipse, search for this:

player.sendPacket(html);

you will find around 140 matches... so now open each one of them and add this line over the another one:

html.replace("%playername%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));

be sure it looks like this:

html.replace("%playername%", String.valueOf(player.getName()));
player.sendPacket(html);

now press CONTROL+K (next match) and repeat the steps with all the matches in the Gameserver :) thats it! i did it on 15 mins XD i hope this help the comunity! and tnx to Pokiokio for this very cool and original idea :)

• 3 weeks later...