[Guide]Some ways to make your PC faster,for newbies.[UPDATED]

™Tekto StyleZ

Here are some tips to make your system work faster.

Warning!:This guide is for people that dnt have many knowledge at system things.If you use more than 5 months a PC,you can do all this:P

- Wallpapers:

They slow your whole system down, so if you're willing to compromise, have a basic plain one instead!

- Minimizing:

If you want to use several programs at the same time then minimize those you are not using. This helps reduce the overload on RAM.

- Boot Faster:

The 'starting Windows 9x , xp' message on startup can delay your booting for a couple of seconds. To get rid of this message go to c:\ and find the file Msdos.sys. Remove the Read-Only option. Next, open it in Notepad or any other text editor. Finally, go to the text 'Options' within the file and make the following changes: Add BootDelay=0. To make your booting even faster, set add Logo=0 to remove the Windows logo at startup.

- Turn Off Animations:

Go to Display Settings from the Control Panel and switch to the Effects Tab. Now turn off Show Windows Content While Dragging and Smooth Edges on Screen Fonts. This tip is also helpful with Windows XP because of the various fade/scroll effects.

- Resolutions:

If you are willing to do anything for faster performance from your PC, then try lowering your display resolution. The lower it is, the faster your PC

- Start Up Programs:

Windows can be slowed down when programs run on start up. To eliminate this, check your Start up folder. You can access it from the start menu: Start, Programs, Start Up. Another way to eliminate programs from loading even before Windows actually starts is by doing the following: Click on Start, then Run. Type msconfig. It will take quite a long time for this program to load, but when you finally see it on your screen, explore the different tabs. They all have to do with how quickly your PC boots, so select what you want, and uncheck what you don't want!

- Fonts:

When Windows starts, it loads every single font in the Fonts folder. Therefore, the more fonts you have, the slower the booting process. To get rid of unwanted fonts, simply go to the Fonts folder under c:\windows and remove whatever you don't want. Fonts that have a red letter 'A' as their icon are system fonts, so don't delete them.

MORE ADVANCED!

-Overclock the CPU:

Overclocking your CPU – or running it faster than its rated speed – can get you 10 to 20 per cent more performance for a few minutes’ work. There are risks, though. More speed means more heat and maybe more voltage too.

You’ll use more power, and components will have a greater chance of failing – so don’t try this unless you’re willing to accept the risks of doing so. Assuming you are, launch your BIOS set-up program and look for the overclocking settings (try the Advanced menu). Exactly what’s available depends on your hardware, but in principle increase your CPU and memory frequencies just a little. Boot your system and stress-test it with tools such as memtest86+ and OCCT to confirm that all is well. If it is, increase the frequencies a little more, and see what happens; if not, reduce the frequencies or increase the voltages (VCore, memory voltage), which should allow you to run a little faster (although doing this also risks burning out your components). Don’t do anything until you know what’s appropriate for your hardware, though. The Extreme Overclocking forum is a great place to find out more.

image002.jpg

For Window Vista:

- Turn off Windows Search Indexing:

Click Start then Computer.

Right Click the C: Drive.

On General Tab, Uncheck Index this drive for faster searching.

On the subsequent dialog box, Select Include subfolders and files.

- Turn off Remote Differential Compression

Remote Differential Compression measures the changes in files over a network to transfer them with minimal bandwidth rather than transferring an entire file that has previously been moved. By constantly checking for file changes, this service can hinder system performance.

To disable this service:

Open Control Panel

Switch to Classic View

Select Program Features

Choose Turn Windows features on and off

Scroll down and uncheck Remote Differential Compression

- Add a 2GB or higher USB Flash drive to take advantage of Windows Ready Boost (Additional Memory Cache)

Ready Boost is Microsoft’s name for using a USB thumb/flash drive to provide some quick access memory the operating system can use as extra RAM. The Ready Boost system can significantly improve system performance.

To set this up:

Insert a USB Flash Drive

Click Start then Computer

Right Click the USB Drive in My Computer

Select the Ready Boost Tab

Choose Use this device

Select as much space as you can free up for RAM usage vs. Storage

Also check this link:

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/99-ways-to-make-your-computer-blazingly-fast/

P.S:If you want,I can post some ways for more "Pro" users to make theis system work faster.

P.S.2:I dnt wanna see posts like "Its so easy",or "Is totally for newbies" etc.There was one that me I dnt know this things,so someone other dnt know them.Ty.

P.S.3:I dnt have try all this settings.

P.S.4:I cant give credits,cuz there will be site advertisment.

@legolol:You can pm me,telling your error and I hope that I can help you.

Btw,8nx for your good words for the topic!

Edited:I dnt think its warez:P

if it is,one mod can lock/delete it.Ty and sry if I am outta of the rules.

[off topic]I have One Problem

When i start the pc A message say's Boot.ini Error and after windows loading..[/off topic]

[on topic] Nice Topic and usefull..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330184    gl :)

@legolol:You can pm me,telling your error and I hope that I can help you.

Btw,8nx for your good words for the topic!

and btw amazing topic dude.edit if if u find more tips ;D

I looked for the solution @ legolol's prob,but you were first of me:P

Also 8nx ya to.Ofc I can update it.I will add some more "advanced" tips.

Edited:

Post Updated.

Good tips mate i didn't hear about some of those tips till now :P btw some ppls are using Windows Vista if u know some good tips for vista to work faster u should make a topic about that cuz on google i don't find useful shares ...but atm my windows works pretty well but I would not bother if it will work faster

Yeah but some of them can screw your PC and make it even slower then it was before :> but i think those methods are good ...last time when i  modified things in my PC i reinstalled my Windows after 1 week because it started to work slower than a constipated turtle