Kind of server to be opened. (HELP)

mhden

What kind of server is better to be Online?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of server is better to be Online?

• L2J EMU
    • L2 JAVA
    • L2J FREE
    • L2J ARCHID
    • Other

Question

Hello,

I make this post in order to find out what kind of server is better to be ONLINE.

I wasn't online for quite a long time and i need some help on my decission.

The only thing i know about is:

EMU: Very stable and quite <<light>> packet.

Java: Reliable, stable, etc most common but a heavy packet.

Free: Reliable but easy to get cracked(as some people told me) and not that stable.

Archid: No idea...

Other: Which else and why.

I would really appreciate the opinion of the real developers especially, those who have online server.

And if it is possible for you to suggest me a server rental center.

Thank you!

15 answers to this question

EMU: Very stable and quite <<light>> packet.

Java: Reliable, stable, etc most common but a heavy packet.

Free: Reliable but easy to get cracked(as some people told me) and not that stable.

I've been working with L2jFree for 1 year now and I have no regrets ^^ its way more reliable then the other packets and its not easy to get cracked at all lool. Only if you're noob and you use the older versions (which OBVIOUSLY exploited, but that happens in all packs). Those are my 50cents ^^

A year ago, a good developer suggested me EMU to use.

He told me that he started with L2J Free and then he turned to EMU.

That's because i prefer and i insist on emu.

Note: Please vote on poll.

A year ago, a good developer suggested me EMU to use.

He told me that he started with L2J Free and then he turned to EMU.

That's because i prefer and i insist on emu.

Note: Please vote on poll.

I did vote. Personally I think Emu is just a bunch of naaps who use l2jfree as a basis and try to make features which they cant. That's why they invite us to their team ^^

It's the same no matter where you look at it. L2jfree taking stuff from l2j, l2j taking stuff from l2jfree (not lately though) and l2emu taking stuff from both of them.

If I was to decide one more time on which project to take, I'd take l2j for sure for one and only reason, because their community is the biggest and it's the easiest way to get support.

L2jfree are a bunch of racists. Their support stinks from here to high heaven. If you do ask a question you are likely to be ignored, laughed at or just provided useless info. Avoid asking for trunk support. Topic gets locked straight away.

L2emu's support sucks even more. There basically isn't none. They will just ignore you all the time.

L2j is super ichy when it comes even mentioning any other projects. Try saying l2jfree on their forum, your account will be banned the second a moderator sees the post. Support is a plus, they also support the trunk releases (a BIG bonus). Minus is that you have to code any custom addon on your own as they aren't included in the source.

All in all, take whatever you want, it's all copy pasted anyway with an exception of minor details.

I might be wrong but this is just the opinion I got during a few month period while running my own server.

L2jfree are a bunch of racists. Their support stinks from here to high heaven. If you do ask a question you are likely to be ignored, laughed at or just provided useless info. Avoid asking for trunk support. Topic gets locked straight away.

All in all, take whatever you want, it's all copy pasted anyway with an exception of minor details.

1st- L2jFree users are not racists. and the reason why we do automatically close topics asking support for the Trunk, is because one of the rules is "We do not offer support for the Trunk ,please stcik to the STABLE Releases". Got it?

2nd- L2jFree has nothing to do with L2j, I mean, offcourse it all started with L2Chef but the code is too different now.That is one of the main reasons why L2j stopped getting stuff from L2jfree, the time they would spend converting the code to L2j is even greater then the time to make the engine themselves ^^

But you are entitled to your opinion, can't force you to agree with me ^^

As I see, L2j Free and L2j are the best choice till now.

On my expirience L2jFree was easier to use and more people here publishing custom thingz.

I think i will prefer pure L2J.

Another one question:

For an IL pack, should i prefer any of these or it's the same <<sh1t>>?

Thanks in advance.

1st- L2jFree users are not racists. and the reason why we do automatically close topics asking support for the Trunk, is because one of the rules is "We do not offer support for the Trunk ,please stcik to the STABLE Releases". Got it?

2nd- L2jFree has nothing to do with L2j, I mean, offcourse it all started with L2Chef but the code is too different now.That is one of the main reasons why L2j stopped getting stuff from L2jfree, the time they would spend converting the code to L2j is even greater then the time to make the engine themselves ^^

L2JFree is a good pack, but they support is failed, and i think you know it....

I think i will prefer pure L2J.

Another one question:

For an IL pack, should i prefer any of these or it's the same <<sh1t>>?

Thanks in advance.

Good choise, L2J Is not pure...!

For interlude i suggest you L2JArchid.

Oh come on dude, don't bullshit. Almost all of my bug reports that got reported in an unstable trunk got carried right up until the stable release. At that point someone else brought it to their attention.

I'm not one of those guys that go "wtf fix this omg I wanna play". It was a pure and clean bug report list and it got ignored or laughed at. Call them/you whatever you want. The sole purpose why the pack sucks as it does is because l2jfree dev team thinks they are -beep-ing godlike and don't give a -beep- about the community.

When I asked POLITELY why the svn is so slow (and that was 3 months ago) my thread got deleted twice without a reason, third time noctarius went all hulk on my ass. Seriously, how the -beep- was I supposed to know that evill33t doesn't give a -beep- about the project and that he's the only one with the access to the svn? Want another example? GEODATA and skills! Asked numerous times how the stuff that I wanted to fix works. All I asked was for a little bit of documentation. Got ignored on first attempt and trashed on second one few weeks later.

I was being polite and got treated like shit.

Second, code is too different? Rofl dude, bunch of bullshit. How come l2jfree is taking the code from l2j/l2jdb or whatever it is all the time? Just check their fcking syncs, atleast 30% have the comment of Sync to L2JDP.  And don't bs me it's a seperate project. The thanks are pointed at the same people that handle the L2J pack.

And don't get me started on the server. Svn was -beep-ed up probably for two months if not longer. It worked like trash. It took me 2 hours just to check out a darn datapack out of trunk. 2 HOURS! Fisheye came up just yesterday, wonder when it's going to go offline again. I'd dare to say it didn't even work 3 consecutive days in a row as it should. (Yes I'm using eclipse's internal code check, but sometimes I still prefer to use the fisheye than eclipse's one).

p.s. Funny how they trash l2emu all the time though. It's true that l2emu's support is nullish, but atleast you don't get treated as shit all the time.

Yes, I use l2jfree, but I'm seriously considering swallowing down all the fuss and just shift to l2j. Nothing is worth keeping if it causes more problems than benefits.

embas,honestly? You're crazy ^^ I wont even bother to answer you cus you're just being rude. You can have your opinion, just don't think you can treat me as if I was your child while discussing it.

Anyway noc has left the team so its np for you now

I've stated pure FACTS and you're calling me names. I've proven the above once again.

p.s.

Fisheye came up just yesterday, wonder when it's going to go offline again.

20090515234344.jpg

Do you need webhosting or something lulz? I'll gladly provide some for free.

I've stated pure FACTS and you're calling me names. I've proven the above once again.

p.s.

20090515234344.jpg

Where exactly am I calling you names? ^^

Get a pair of eyes, loose your virginity and your e-penis, cut the crap and get a brain.

Intrepid close this thread before I ban this naap ;)

PS- Your so called "Custom Events" aren't custom at all lool CTF,VIP & TvT are done by us and the Raidboss thingie was from MXC.

Enough, don't reply cus its obvious you're gonna insult and talk crap.

Cya

Do you need webhosting or something lulz? I'll gladly provide some for free.