[Suggestions] new L2J server idea's.

JonE

Yo Guys,

I have a question for you guys. Please try to answer it as serious as possible.

Me and my team are busy setting up a new server[L2J], i came here to task the opinion of the people. Because in the end you guys can make or break a server.

So please tell me what you guys want on a new server. What makes you happy, and what pisses you off. What would make you stay on the server, or what would make you leave the server.

JonE

Rates: 55x - 75x

-> Let's just do not have maximum level in 10 minutes.

Buffer: Either create NPC buffer or just do not. All the buffs except the 3rd classes buffs (no cov, no pow, no sirens, etc.) All buffs should last 2 hours(+dances, songs for 2 hours, too)

-> Don't be lazy to exp your own buffpet for adittional buffs.

Enchant: All the enchants in shop for equal price, let's say safe enchant's +4 and maximum +25. Rate around 66% - 70%. And mage's weapons enchant rate should be lower than fighter's weapons. You know, as it is supposed to be, Draconic bow should be easier to enchant than Arcana Mace.

-> Don't change server into Star Wars server

Olympiad: Customize Grand Olympiad, Heroes for 1 week, Olympiad system - first week buffed olympiad (full buffs) and second week unbuffed.

-> Boring to wait 1 month to become a Hero

Quests:

- Nobless: Have to do the whole quest, except Hellfire and 5 Lunargents (they'll added in shop)

- Subclass: Whole quest except ... Blood ... that thing we need to enter Baium's room, the item that we need to be able to speak to vortex (it'll be added to shop).

-> Probably the best settings for mid rates

Customs:

Do not add custom armors, just custom weapons. Do not find for custom weapons, do not download them for from anywhere, think of your own. Create new fresh weapons, with nice graphix and do not overdo it with color enchant.

-> To success as a new rising server, you'll need to do this.

Donations:

Don't overdo it with donations, maximum enchant of weapon donation should be +15 or +16, maximum armor enchant donation's like +7, max. +8., absolutely normal item, dropable (if donator's a pk).

-> Do not create conditions only for rich people

That would be perfect server atleast for me, dunno how others would like it

Buffer: Either create NPC buffer or just do not. All the buffs except the 3rd classes buffs (no cov, no pow, no sirens, etc.) All buffs should last 2 hours(+dances, songs for 2 hours, too)

Enchant: All the enchants in shop for equal price, let's say safe enchant's +4 and maximum +25. Rate around 66% - 70%. And mage's weapons enchant rate should be lower than fighter's weapons. You know, as it is supposed to be, Draconic bow should be easier to enchant than Arcana Mace.

Olympiad: Customize Grand Olympiad, Heroes for 1 week, Olympiad system - first week buffed olympiad (full buffs) and second week unbuffed.

Quests:

- Nobless: Have to do the whole quest, except Hellfire and 5 Lunargents (they'll added in shop)

- Subclass: Whole quest except ... Blood ... that thing we need to enter Baium's room, the item that we need to be able to speak to vortex (it'll be added to shop).

Customs:

Do not add custom armors, just custom weapons. Do not find for custom weapons, do not download them for from anywhere, think of your own. Create new fresh weapons, with nice graphix and do not overdo it with color enchant.

Donations:

Don't overdo it with donations, maximum enchant of weapon donation should be +15 or +16, maximum armor enchant donation's like +7, max. +8., absolutely normal item, dropable (if donator's a pk).

lain, ur the man, i totally agree with u, not that much in npc buffer, but i think ur right, too much buff = boring server, and your sugested donations are fine.

ps:im too laxy for 50x rate xD

Quests:

Customs:

Donations:

Thnx! I need info like this. Well il tell you our plans and what we have so far. This info is taken in consideration.

This is what we have so far:

Lvling: Its mostly high rate pvp server. but getting from lvl 70 to 85 wil take some time.

NPC Buffer: all normal buffs. No 3rd Class change buffs. We dont want to make BD||SWS||COVer useless. No Cat or Pony buffs either.

Enchant: enchants only drop from RB's and very special events. We are thinking to make the max enc 18+

Olympiad: 2 weeks.Why? Because 1/2 week of oly fighting to achieve hero status. And then you have 1 week to play around with your hero. And the 2nd week you can focus on oly again. We stil believe hero has to be something cool.

Quests: NO QUESTS,sorry! We make you earn your nobles and weapons and armours.Why? We want to keep the market and pvp alive. Trade and fight to get your items.

Customs: Thats a surpise we know you all would be very happy with thses customs. Cant give to much info about this. Only thing i can say its balanced. and you can distinguish yourself when you have 1.

Donations: This is very important, because server needs money. yes donators dont get any special armour or weapon. Only special customs. Max ench wont be crazy, i used to hate that myself. And less but not least, if you go pk you drop. I dont care if you donated 1 million. You go pk you drop thats it.

Okay, and by the way are you creating Hellbound server? :(

I thought it's gonna be Interlude, 'cos I'm proud hater of Chaotic Throne series.

Anyway, about tha Olympiad, I just made a suggestion, I like servers, which have their Olympiad customly edited, not like common fighting, but to fight in all possible ways. Buffed oly/unbuffed oly - Time to rule for daggerists and tanks/time to rule for summoners and support characters. Don't know if enchants from bosses only is a good idea, that is good was what have I been thinking about, but it really is not. I always was suggesting this, until one server agreed with that and made it. You could gain enchants only from bosses or from very long and stressful farming (though it was high rate server), server became boring, only the zerg clans got the enchants and "high quality/low quantity" clans had no chance. Quests, uhm, I like to do the quests, so I suggested it. You can do it how you like, you could atleast make some part of some quest needed to be done before the quest is ended, 'cos there might be many feeders at Olympiad, who'll make 20 noblesses and just feed the main character with the points.

The server will be Gracia T2 L2J. We will see what we can do with the oly. We will do something wit the enchants on weps. maybe lower them or make oly only armour. We have serveral oly protections, to detect feeders and cheaters.

The enchants will drop from mobs too but on a low rate. If there's anything we dont want is an unbalaced server. So were still thinking about a good formula.

JonE

Best server in my opinion would be interlude without custom or with dynasty sets no weapons

max entchant rate on weapons ~+20 and ~10-+12 on armors , jewels , balanced tattoos .

Npc buffer with all buffs for ~5-24hours except cat & ponny, retail like buffslots = 24.

2weeks oly period.

Donations = best only other nick color , +1buffslot , bsoe and no overpowered donations.

And ofc good protected server.

btw gl with your server

Buffs for 24 hours? Say hello to Mr. L2Walker. That's just stupid, dude.

well i didn't though about this point , but well i played long time ago on a server with 24hours buff time and it was good like this.

Buffs 1 hour. We want people to come back to town.

i would not play on server with 1hoour buff time its annoying rebuff all time

Quests:

Customs:

Donations:

totally agree with u Lain,and i see on some server the  Npc Buffer onli have the prophet buffer ofc like a Shield,Might,Focus,Vampire Rage,is perfect the other ppl can make songers or dancers with that some ppl onli sell if they dont wanna go to kill mobs xP,is usefull i think and with that u can obtein one server with one better economi,idk i think the donatios for the server is good xD i mind the server (Host,Pc,Best perfomance) but cant make donations for arg skill,hero status,special wep bla bla,think better but think in all the ppl dont wanna play that class of server