[HELP] How to install / transfer server from Home to online dedicated server

l2link

Question

Hello, I have had a Home based l2j server for the last 4 or 5 months and would now like to install it on a dedicated server in the USA. Before I spend the money for the dedicated server with 100mbit internet connection I would like to make sure I know how to do it.

I will have windows 2003 server 64 bit. Is it as easy as just install mysql, disk w etc and change the ip and do not need to port forword or open ports like I do on home router? Will use Interlude and maybe test a Hellbound pre-configured pack...

Any help from someone who has done this is appreciated....

2 answers to this question

first, look at your server specs and if you can choose the Os that you want, because if you are now on windows and you will have a linux server, it will be really harder for you to put it online, if you can choose a windows dedicated (need more specs than linux) it will be really easy, the ports are normally alrdy open, you will just have to install mysql ect on that computer and change the ip in your game/login to make it online.

Yes I can have WIndows Server 2003 or 2008. Assume you just upload via ftp. But how do you initiate the server bat files to start the server? I assume each dedicated server has some kind of interface to access your programs....

So if all I have to do is install Java, mysql etc then I will go ahead and rent and try it out. Seems like murphy's law always apllies and something difficult happens. Also have Napas web page that would like to connect to server database as it has a map of online players locations and top 100 etc.....

So I guess Windows server should be the same setup as windows XP or Vista as far as setup?