[HELP] l2j Server 64 bit Vista

l2link

Question

Does anyone know if L2j Interlude works with the 64 bit version of Windows Vista or the 32 bit version. I have a server running on Windows XP no problems.

Trying to install on Gateway P-7811 FX laptop with the 64 bit version and 64 bit version of Java so I can edit the server offline when away from house on business...

No problems starting the Login Server. The game server starts to load then has a delay after it say's  INFO AutoChatHandler loaded 2 handlers in total...

Then it says Exception in thread " main" Java.Lang.OutofMemoryerror: GC Overhead limit exceeded and then a few more lines then

Warning : Timer thread stop with the following error. restart it.

I have 4 gigs of memory so not sure if its a vista problem or a 64 bit problem?

Thanks for any comments

5 answers to this question

well, i suggest you not to use Vista for server hosting or even web hosting. it will really crash the server and pc. try use Windows 2003 server edition or windows XP. if you cant downgrade to one of those. it must be a guide to open some ports or something to run it for vista.

Yes not planning to host with Windows Vista I allready have a quad core XP for that. Only want to have the server run on my laptop where only I log on when I am learing how to create stuff when I am working offshore a few months at a time. Then when I return home I can add the new stuff I create to my server.

My laptop has 4 gigs of mem so need the 64 bit of windows to recognize it. May try to set up a dual boot.

Just would like to know if l2j will even work on Windows Vista for programming purposes or if I am doing something wrong.

it doesn't matter what win u have...

l2j works on anything that Java works even a cell phone...

ur error is out of memory, so the server could not get enough virtual memory, set ur pegeing file bigger or change the servers virtual memory requirements...