How To Make Counter-Strike 1.6 Dedicated Server

๔aƒú°

Today i'am going to show how to make counter-strike dedi server.

First go to C drive and make a folder called Hlds.

Then download this file : http://www.speedyshare.com/670482265.html

A blue window will appear on screen displaying the scroll of the installation.

It may take some time to extract depending on your internet connection.

Then see if the folder has approximativly 315MB. If it doesnt then you have extract it again.

Next step is to set up for accepting non steam clients .. Download This: http://www.speedyshare.com/932114524.html the swds.dll patcher. Unzip it anywhere on disk then copy it in the Hlds directory.

You 'll be asked if you want to overwrite the file. The answer is Yes, overwrite it.Push the OK button.

If you are a steam player and you future clients (players on your server),are also steam players pass this step!!!Next step is to configure to server.cfg in order to make your server work on the internet. Go to Hlds/cstrike folder and open server.cfg with WordPad.Then look for the line sv_lan 1 and changed it to sv_lan 0.

At this point you have a counter-strike server working on the net!! Turn it on by doubleclicking on the hlds.exe located in Hlds folder.

Credits to :aneesh1995

We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward. Counter Strike requires you to forward the 1200,27000-27015,27020-27039 ports.

For 48 Protocol Patch!

http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=38793.0

Topic Updated!!!!

Am, i think u forgot to tell how to activate amx and how to do, that ur server have to be on internetz->that means on find server.

cuz i have a server i created if much faster than in this tut. and some users creates them own server but u can't see it on internetz, so u have to change -nomaster to -master and in lisbist.gam file change 1 line than amx will be activated.

I tried by ur method but nothing no find server no amx activated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting this error when i try to connect:

The server is using an older protocol ( 47 ) than your client ( 48 ). If you believe this server is outdated, you can contact the server administrator at ###@###.com

What should i do?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before making the downloads I need to ask few questions:1)After following this guide will users from all over the world conect there? Is that the only thing I have to do or do I have to set my own settings for the game(details please). What about the steam? I dont want to get users with a steam account. reply in my questions and ty in advance