NEW Microsoft Server 2008

Nod

Windows Server 2008, with built-in Web and virtualization technologies, enables you to increase the reliability and flexibility of your server infrastructure. The next generation of the Windows Server operating system is now available to download and evaluate.

Here is a photo from the Enterprise edition. There also the Standart and the Datacenter edition ;)  

90101winserver08box1221oy9.th.jpg

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]HYPER-V[/glow][/shadow]

Hyper-V, a key feature of Windows Server 2008, has now released to manufacturing (RTM) and is available for deployment into production environments. A beta of Hyper-V was included with Windows Server 2008 and this update provides the final release.

Server virtualization, also known as hardware virtualization, is a hot topic in the IT world because of the potential for serious economic benefits. Server virtualization enables multiple operating systems to run on a single physical machine as virtual machines (VMs). With server virtualization, you can consolidate workloads of underutilized server machines onto a smaller number of fully utilized machines. Fewer physical machines can lead to reduced costs through lower hardware, energy, and management overhead, plus the creation of a more dynamic IT infrastructure. To learn more about Microsoft and virtualization, please visit the Virtualization Web site, or the Virtualization TechCenter.

With Windows Server 2008, everything needed to support server virtualization is available as an integral feature of the operating system as Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V. With Hyper-V as a role, plus flexible licensing policies, it's now easier than ever to take advantage of the cost savings of virtualization through Windows Server 2008:

Microsoft has now released the final version of Hyper-V, which is now available for download. You can download the update for Hyper-V RTM here and experience the improved stability, usability and performance.

Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, the next-generation hypervisor-based server virtualization technology, allows you to make the best use of your server hardware investments by consolidating multiple server roles as separate virtual machines (VMs) running on a single physical machine. With Hyper-V, you can also efficiently run multiple different operating systems—Windows, Linux, and others—in parallel, on a single server, and fully leverage the power of x64 computing.

I will not tell anything else by my own .   I think the best way for you to learn is by checking the site : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/default.aspx and see with your eyes the new Microsoft Server 2008.

And in [glow=red,2,300]Greek[/glow] :

Η Microsoft ανακοίνωσε ότι η νέα έκδοση της “οικογένειας” του Windows Server 2008 θα αποτελείται από 8 εξειδικευμένες εκδόσεις, όταν θα αρχίσουν οι πωλήσεις της στις 27 Φεβρουαρίου 2008.

Θα υπάρχουν οι τρεις κύριες εκδόσεις Standard, Enterprise και Datacenter, εναρμονισμένες με τις υπάρχουσες εκδόσεις του Windows Server 2003, οι οποίες θα περιέχουν τη νέα τεχνολογία virtualisation Hyper-V.

Επίσης, θα είναι διαθέσιμες οι εκδόσεις: Windows Server 2008 για επεξεργαστές Itanium, Windows Server 2008 Web Server με έμφαση σε υπηρεσίες web καθώς και τρεις εκδόσεις της κύριας πλατφόρμας (Standard, Enterprise και Datacenter) χωρίς όμως την τεχνολογία Hyper-V.

Also this is the following Full edition ( Standart , Enterprise and Datacenter ) that my lucky hands already have.....

dsc01608oz2.th.jpg

dsc01609jt7.th.jpg

dsc01610lz1.th.jpg

dsc01611aw9.th.jpg

The "Chapters" that it has are the following : Trainning and Learning , Microsoft Office family ,Developer Tools , Products for Macintosh , reference ,Mapping , Windows Servers (2000 + 2003 + 2008) , Windows Client (Business + Home ) and Server Applications

If someone have thought that i will use these powerfull tools for creating a new server of L2 without lag and better perfomance.

My answer is No ....i am gonna wait little time testing and testing again till i learn everything about these tools and the Windows Server 2008. My dream is to work on a company and especially .....into the Computer Room aka Server Room .

If anyone else purchase it i give my best wishes to him/her.

;)

Microsfot for sure , i have gone to Microsoft gr for a visit to my uncle and they already have put server 2008 on their servers....

Its better , faster and with better protection.

they can run milion of orders in 50 seconds ...