[Guide] How to add a buffer the quest way!!

::::::::::::::::::this is for l2j servers only::::::::::::::::

[glow=red,2,300]1:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Know what server you have is a great help! is it interlude, gracia, hellbound, or epilogue?[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]2:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Make a folder on your desktop and call it buffer.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]3:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Find a buff you want and dowenload it. hoping that the person you are downloading from has fixed all the errors. always download more than one just in case you get a bad buffer.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]4:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Once you have downloaded the buffer now exstract it to the new folder you made on your desktop, go to mysql. (Note: you might want to look in the files to see if the person has not messed up the files, like sql in clicnt and another sql in system and so on.)[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]5:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Mysql: Open up your Navicat and click on connection, than right click on l2jdb, go down the list and find execute batch file. it will now ask you where is the fsql you want to add, now go find it in the folder you just added on your desktop. once you have found the sql you want, click on it and than click open. if it says successfully you are good, if it says successfully means you have it alreay or there could be to many numbers, tabs, same id, or something eles, at this point you will have to match it up with another sql line and conpair.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]6:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Folders: now add the other files to your server, like multisell to multisell, and don't just drop the multisell folder in the multisell folder you will have to open them both up and add the content to the other one. now go on to the other folders and do the same.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]7:[/glow][glow=blue,2,300] Find the file, scripts.cfg inside your "gameserver\data ", open it with notepad and add this at the end of the file:  custom/955_NpcService/__init__.py      after this save. this is an exsample, if you are adding a folder and did not get this in the buffer pack, all you need to do is put:[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]custom/[/glow]                  [glow=blue,2,300] (tell the server where the buffer folder is.)[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]955_NpcService[/glow]       [glow=blue,2,300] (tells the server what folder to use.)[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]/__init__.py [/glow]             [glow=blue,2,300](tells the server to read the py file in its folder.)[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Exp:[/glow]  [glow=blue,2,300] if i was adding aline and the folder i needed to use was 9999_NPCBuffer, it would look like this     custom/9999_NPCBuffer/__init__.py     see how it goes now?[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]8:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Now open your py file or npc sql and file the ID of the npc it is going to use. when you log on you will need this to spawn it.[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]9:[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Now this should be ready to go, restart your server and give it a try........[/glow]

[glow=blue,2,300]I'm reather new at this and still learning, but these steps have worked for me and hope they will help you out too. if i have forgot something or made a mistake above feel free to correct me, but i'm sure i'm right on the button :)[/glow]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...