DDoS Deflate (updated)

(D)DoS Deflate is a shell script developed by Zaf, originally for use on MediaLayer servers to assist in combating denial of service attacks. However, it was seen to be very effective for our purpose, and therefore was released as a contribution to the web hosting community. (D)DoS Deflate is now used by not only many web hosts, but by many people who run their own servers looking for additional security in dealing with such attacks.

How to install

Installing DOS-Deflate is one of the simplest out there.

Login to your server as root

Download the install script

wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/install.sh

Run the installer

sh install.sh

DOS-Deflate should now be installed.

Please note that DOS-Deflate uses APF to ban IPs so you must have it installed for DOS-Deflate to work properly.

Customizing DOS-Deflate is very easy. You have to edit /usr/local/ddos/ddos.conf with your favorite editor for example

vi /usr/local/ddos/ddos.conf

Every setting is explained in the configuration file so I will not go over them as the explanations are quite easy to follow up.

Read also "How To Install Apf (advanced Policy Firewall)" if you haven't set up apf firewall in your box.

Denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Using the netstat tool find the large number of connections from single source (its called as ddos attack) and blocking the ips is manual method.

netstat -ntu | awk ‘{print $5}’ | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

To auotamate this, you can go for DDoS-Deflate. This script  mitigate this kind of attacks. DDoS-Deflate is now recognized as one of the best ways to block a DDoS attack.

Installation

wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/install.sh

chmod 0700 install.sh

./install.sh

Uninstalling

wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/uninstall.ddos

chmod 0700 uninstall.ddos

./uninstall.ddos

omg,thanks. Still not tried,but after this week my dedicated server will be on and than i will try. I whish it will help against those lame kids with server attackers/killers

yeah but this work on linux Gl with your server