Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Welcome back to the scene Fyyre. I think we can all acknowledge the immense contribution you've shown to the private l2 scene since the very early days. I hope you get the respect, recognition and the help you deserve as you've helped many others. You certainly have mine. If there is anything I could do for you or help you with, let me know.

Indeed it is sad to see that it always come down to money. People are too driven by money not realizing that making it their secondary reasons of motivation might make them more in the end. But I think we do need to realize that every story has at least two sides to it. Therefore concluding things on others based on incomplete information is something I stay away from - as in the case of SmartGuard and Adrenaline.

An anti-bot running on ring0 does sound like a solid solution although I do not believe that is the way to go for reasons AlmostGood stated. With all due respect to the server owners out there - I would not trust the driver that I would have to install to play a server, but that could just be me. I believe there are better ways of making it happen which I am not going to discuss here for integrity reasons if I were to create something of the sort in the future. I've tried making an anti-bot for the last server I've created. But I simply lack the time and knowledge to realize it properly.

Whatever you come up with, the bigger you are - the bigger target it becomes.

Posted
On 22.09.2017 at 9:58 AM, OpalSnow said:

Welcome back to the scene Fyyre. I think we can all acknowledge the immense contribution you've shown to the private l2 scene since the very early days. I hope you get the respect, recognition and the help you deserve as you've helped many others. You certainly have mine. If there is anything I could do for you or help you with, let me know.

Indeed it is sad to see that it always come down to money. People are too driven by money not realizing that making it their secondary reasons of motivation might make them more in the end. But I think we do need to realize that every story has at least two sides to it. Therefore concluding things on others based on incomplete information is something I stay away from - as in the case of SmartGuard and Adrenaline.

An anti-bot running on ring0 does sound like a solid solution although I do not believe that is the way to go for reasons AlmostGood stated. With all due respect to the server owners out there - I would not trust the driver that I would have to install to play a server, but that could just be me. I believe there are better ways of making it happen which I am not going to discuss here for integrity reasons if I were to create something of the sort in the future. I've tried making an anti-bot for the last server I've created. But I simply lack the time and knowledge to realize it properly.

Whatever you come up with, the bigger you are - the bigger target it becomes.

but ur antibot on Terra was rly good, im not joking... i wish all the servers had something like this.

Posted
On 9/22/2017 at 3:58 AM, OpalSnow said:

Welcome back to the scene Fyyre. I think we can all acknowledge the immense contribution you've shown to the private l2 scene since the very early days. I hope you get the respect, recognition and the help you deserve as you've helped many others. You certainly have mine. If there is anything I could do for you or help you with, let me know.

Indeed it is sad to see that it always come down to money. People are too driven by money not realizing that making it their secondary reasons of motivation might make them more in the end. But I think we do need to realize that every story has at least two sides to it. Therefore concluding things on others based on incomplete information is something I stay away from - as in the case of SmartGuard and Adrenaline.

An anti-bot running on ring0 does sound like a solid solution although I do not believe that is the way to go for reasons AlmostGood stated. With all due respect to the server owners out there - I would not trust the driver that I would have to install to play a server, but that could just be me. I believe there are better ways of making it happen which I am not going to discuss here for integrity reasons if I were to create something of the sort in the future. I've tried making an anti-bot for the last server I've created. But I simply lack the time and knowledge to realize it properly.

Whatever you come up with, the bigger you are - the bigger target it becomes.

 

Hi Opal =)

I remember you!  Thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate them.

You make valid point saying "bigger you are, the bigger target becomes".  Yes, this is true... whether it is DDoS or randoms trying to exploit.  Learned this lesson myself as well

 

4 hours ago, imtheboss2012 said:

but ur antibot on Terra was rly good, im not joking... i wish all the servers had something like this.

 

Sure you don't mean Aion?  If I had one for Tera, not certain I remember it ;)

Posted
5 hours ago, Fyyre said:

 

Hi Opal =)

I remember you!  Thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate them.

You make valid point saying "bigger you are, the bigger target becomes".  Yes, this is true... whether it is DDoS or randoms trying to exploit.  Learned this lesson myself as well

 

 

Sure you don't mean Aion?  If I had one for Tera, not certain I remember it ;)

im talking about l2sublimity.com, interlude server made by Opal :)

Posted (edited)

Damn Fyyre, not sure if this is true old guy or some new kid that is trying to steal identity, but remember back old days, your work was really aprecieted and helpfull, good to see you back if its really you, but you will notice that many things have changed around lineage 2 in 2017, including even this site, everything is around money nowdays, quality of coders droped significly and its some joke tier flawed logic that is runing things around.

 

About community, nobody cares about what "anti bot" does, cause they have no idea what dangerou it can bring to them, all they want is to play lineage 2 on crowded server, and you make server crowded by atracting big clans, even paying some, let your server be around 2-3 weeks, get donation money, close it and reopen soon, thats how things work now.

 

On other side everyone wants to bot, cause its 2017, make easy levels, get some gear, be at top or atleast near top, sell those items to casual players, go to next server - perspective of players in 2017.

 

I knew that smartguard was joke tier protection, when before 2-3 years,  it was bypassed just by renaming proces. Anyway this monopoly that SG and adrenaline have, will be hard, almost imposible to break right now, cause there isnt bot around that can be competiton to adrenaline, and thats the first step for everything else.

Edited by papa123
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, papa123 said:

Damn Fyyre, not sure if this is true old guy or some new kid that is trying to steal identity, but remember back old days, your work was really aprecieted and helpfull, good to see you back if its really you, but you will notice that many things have changed around lineage 2 in 2017, including even this site, everything is around money nowdays, quality of coders droped significly and its some joke tier flawed logic that is runing things around.

 

About community, nobody cares about what "anti bot" does, cause they have no idea what dangerou it can bring to them, all they want is to play lineage 2 on crowded server, and you make server crowded by atracting big clans, even paying some, let your server be around 2-3 weeks, get donation money, close it and reopen soon, thats how things work now.

 

On other side everyone wants to bot, cause its 2017, make easy levels, get some gear, be at top or atleast near top, sell those items to casual players, go to next server - perspective of players in 2017.

 

I knew that smartguard was joke tier protection, when before 2-3 years,  it was bypassed just by renaming proces. Anyway this monopoly that SG and adrenaline have, will be hard, almost imposible to break right now, cause there isnt bot around that can be competiton to adrenaline, and thats the first step for everything else.

It is me =)  Thankfully I make account here at mxc long time ago (9 years I think!) .. I stop L2 near end of 2012.  From that time, even now ... I work on other games (money) .. L2 is always my true passion.  I am returning to it, so much change in the years I still adjusting, and in taking much new information.

The thought of paying a clan to come to server for 2-3 weeks, speaks volumes.

All of this leads me to wonder.  Does lack of exclusivity add to the problem?  While L2off seldom if ever leak, and keys to new versions held only by some secret squirrel Russian cartel.... for price tag more expensive than Bentley or new home (yet strangely enough, I have yet to see any non-retail server run say, Grand Crusade)

On flip side, is L2J... is like water; click and install .. .server is running.  Does not require the skill set of L2off (not count ones such as Sdw ((hi!)) .. then again, cycle of promises of new server, which has month  long life span is not so wonderful... l2off, or l2j.

Since Feb 29th to end of Jan 2016... I ran the most successful Forsaken World private server (Aria Forsaken World).  Over time, average of 1k - 500 players.  At the peak; monthly income was $10,000 - $12,000.  Upon starting, I had competition .. however post 2014, not exist.  I did have benefit of total exclusivity of content .. but also with development, near 99% uptime, and good reputation.

Sometimes, I think make good server is not so difficult ... however, money can never be the only objective.  It must be focus on player base.  With FW Aria, my goal was to offer a legitimate replacement for retail... which I believe I accomplished.

In 2017, I will either sound old (I 40 in 3 years, =((  ) .. or nostalgic.  But I am still eager to learn and be apart of L2 again.

 

Edited by Fyyre
added detail

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Posts

    • [WTS] Celestial Destiny | L2 Essence 563 | Source Code or Full Project | Lifetime Support 📄 VIEW THE FULL PRESENTATION — FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS Celestial Destiny — Lineage 2 Essence | Protocol 563 2 years of development · Extensive custom features · RU / EN Celestial Destiny is available for purchase — as server pack source code or as a complete project. After two years of development, the project was shut down following a DDoS attack. The owner no longer has the funds to restore operations and continue development, leading to the decision to sell. Key features Essence mechanics: classes, skills, bosses, collections, guardians, and progression systems. Over 3,000 bug reports processed across the projects. Telegram bot: Telegram Stars payments, character statistics, notifications, teleportation, resurrection, and auto-hunting controls. Live class balancing: adjust damage, defense, critical damage, and individual multipliers without restarting the server. PvP content: 1v1 and 3v3 Olympiad, castle sieges, World Siege of Aden, and scheduled PvE/PvP modes. Enhanced client: additional skill bars, improved auto-hunting, searchable inventory, bulk enchanting, and convenient item management. Custom systems: expanded costumes, seasonal collections, Combat Power rankings, Revelation skills, Season Pass, promo codes, and two-way Discord chat. Economy: world trading with two currencies and a server-side donation shop that requires no client edits. Two purchase options ① Server pack source code Essence protocol 563 source code with the implemented mechanics and custom features, for use in your own project. ② The entire project The server pack with source code, game client, all web components, donation system, Telegram bot, and all existing configured integrations — transferred in their current state. We will show the project, its web components, and connected systems privately, and discuss the exact scope of the transfer. Free lifetime support All official content and custom features already included in the server pack are covered by free lifetime support, with no monthly fees. Additional custom development is discussed separately. Serious buyers only For serious investors and server administrators with the budget to purchase and develop the project. This is not a low-budget offer. Pricing for both options is discussed privately. Please specify whether you are interested in source code or the complete project. ✉️ CONTACT US ON TELEGRAM — @L2scripts 📄 VIEW THE FULL PRESENTATION — FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS
    • I've found the Conquest maps and Marketplace flipping to be the most reliable for me. Don't sleep on those Diamond Quest challenges either, just watch that 10% tax carefully.
    • When you say bots allowed, it means we are allowed to use adrenaline ?
    • https://l2mayhem.ru/   The Mayhem Server is designed for players who want to enjoy the game without unnecessary stress or steep barriers. We focus on a comfortable gaming experience: the mechanics are adapted so that even newcomers can get up to speed quickly, while veterans will be happy to return to the beloved universe. On the server, character progression and content difficulty are well balanced: your character develops steadily, without the need to spend huge amounts of time on repetitive tasks. For players’ convenience, we’ve implemented autofarm - it lets you complete daily tasks efficiently. Moreover, bots are officially allowed on the server: they help automate routine actions, so you can focus on the most exciting parts of the game - sieges, PvP, clan wars, and crafting. The server’s atmosphere is friendly: the active community is always ready to offer advice, and the administration ensures order and fairness. Whether you’re looking for a relaxed leveling and world‑exploration experience or want to take part in intense events, everyone can find their own pace and playstyle here. Right now, the server features new activities: we’ve added new instances and locations with unique mechanics and rewards, as well as rare items that can only be obtained in these zones. This is a great chance to get powerful gear and stand out among other players.   Rates: - Grind: EXP/SP x3 (Raid Bosses: x3). - Loot: Drop/Spoil/Adena x3; Raid/Epic Raid drops x3. - Quests: All rewards x1.   Gameplay: - Accounts are created automatically. - Mammons is located in the Town of Giran. - Each character has access to the unlimited Auto Farm function. - Mass party functions activated by the party leader. - A pre-installed shortcut panel is provided for each new character. - The full list of chat commands is available on the Community Board. - Players have a x25 weight limit and an increased inventory capacity. - All buffs, dances, and songs last for 2 hours. - Spawn protection lasts 10 seconds after teleporting. - Treasure Chests have been removed from spawns. - Cursed Weapons have been removed from drops. - Common items can no longer be purchased or obtained as drops. - Mobs and Raid Bosses no longer use Cancel skill. - Equipment up to the Dynasty can be purchased with adena. - Shots up to S grade and consumables are available in the Community Board. - Offline shops are supported: simply set up a shop and type the .offline command in chat. - No drop penalty on Raid Bosses unless the player is over 5 levels higher than the boss; otherwise, the drop chance is reduced. - Mana Potions restore 1500 MP and have a 10‑second reuse time. Newbie Mana Potions restore 500 MP. - The Vitality, Nevit, and Recommendations systems have been disabled. - The store now offers a lower buy price for player‑sold items. - NPC Victor visits Town of Giran on Wednesdays and Saturdays for gear/doll upgrades and elemental exchange. - Once you hit level 40, every mob can drop one of three medals: Bronze, Silver, or Gold.   Premium: - +35% to EXP/SP, Adena, Seal Stones, Element Stones, and Epaulette drops. - Buffs, dances, and songs last 3 hours. - With Premium, players can get 3‑hour buffs by purchasing them from other players.   Enchanting: - The chance to successfully enchant gear is 65%. Safe enchantment is up to +3; the maximum enchant level is +20. - Elemental Stones: 50% chance. Elemental Crystals: 30% chance.   Skills: - Auto‑learn all skills and Forgotten Skills. - 30 buff slots, 12 Dance/Song slots. - Subclass max level raised to 85.   Quests: - 25 000 Adena is required to obtain the 1st class; 250 000 Adena for the 2nd class; 10 000 000 Adena for the 3rd class. - The subclass quest is not required. - The Freya quest is not required. - The Hard Freya quest is not required. - Access to Frintezza is granted only after completing the quest or upon having the purchased quest item. - Access to Baium is granted only after completing the quest or upon having the purchased quest item. - Access to Antharas is granted only after completing the quest or upon having the purchased quest item. - Access to Valakas is granted only after completing the quest or upon having the purchased quest item. - Hellbound progression is at level 1.   Olympiad: - Olympiads are held monthly. - Enchantment limit is +6. - Starting Olympiad requires 6 characters. - You need 15 battles to receive a reward. - Only non‑class battles are available.   Sieges/Territory Wars: - Flags are returned to their owners at the start of each Territory War, which occurs every 2 weeks. - A clan’s maximum number of captured flags in TW is 3.   Raid Bosses/Epic Bosses/Instance Features: - RB status is available on the Community Board. - Freya - 6-27 chars to enter. - Hard Freya - 6-27 chars to enter. - Frintezza - 6-45 chars to enter. - Ultra Daytime Zaken - 6-9 chars to enter. - Daytime Zaken - 6-9 chars to enter. - Nightly Zaken - 6-450 chars to enter. - Tiat - 9-45 chars to enter. - Beleth - 9 chars to enter. - Day/night restrictions for all Zaken instances have been removed. - Level‑limited zones: Ant Nest (levels 1–45), Sea of Spores (levels 1–56), Core (levels 1–56). - Almost all Raid Bosses listed in the Community Board drop an Enchanting Box with a 100% chance. - New Raid Bosses and their jewelry have been added. Teleport to these bosses via NPC Mirelle in Town of Giran. - New Instances: dolls, timed epic jewelry, and upgrade item for cloaks, bracelets, and accessories. Enter via NPC Ancient Portal in Town of Giran; 6-9 chars to enter.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This community uses essential cookies to function properly. Non-essential cookies and third-party services are used only with your consent. Read our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..