How to make 2 servers on 1 machine?

Moon2PL

Question

Hi!

I Looking for tutorial "How to make 2 servers on 1 machine?".

Someone can help?

If the tutorial does not exist, can I ask for some information?

I used the search options and unfortunately nothing found.

Ty.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I'm like you in many cases. I get on here hoping for a solution and yet to my supprise no one will answer back to my posts. But I will try to answer your question with as much guidance as possible.

Number One: Your going to need a Mysql databases for example...Navicat. Basically what your housing your l2jdb on now. (l2jdb = your database) it can also be called l2jls or l2jgs, so on.

Now regardless of what that is called, go ahead and make a second one. If yours is called l2jdb, then make l2jdb2. If your using the newer versions of L2J then you will want to make three new ones, l2jgs2, l2jcs2, and l2jls2. I believe that is the 3 the newer version uses.

Now. Your going to want to download a whole new client. So download the nightlys. Save them in a whole entirely different folder, I would call it Server 2 or something close. Once you have extracted them and got all your files, your basically going to install your server into the new databases you just made.

To do that, your going to have to open up your database installer, right click and edit it. Open it with word pad. Anywhere you see l2jgs or l2jls something like that, your going to want to edit it to your new database names with the "2'' after it. Once your done save, and run it. It should install them all to your new database for number 2.

Now once your files are in Navicat, (or your prefered database) go ahead and open up your login server config and go down a ways till you find the following:

# URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jls (default)

# URL = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jls

# URL = jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database = l2jls/user = sa/password =

URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jls <----- CHANGE TO l2jls2

# Database user info (default is "root" but it's not recommended)

Login = root

# Database connection password

Password = (your password)

And do the same for your gameserver configs open up server.properties and go till you find the following:

# URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jgs (default)

# URL = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jgs

# URL = jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database = l2jgs/user = sa/password =

URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jgs <----CHANGE TO l2jgs2

# Database user info (default is "root" but it's not recommended)

Login = root

# Database connection password

Password = (Your password)

Now once you have done that save both, and your done with that portion. You will need to register another gameserver (SOMETIMES YOU WILL NEED TO GO INTO YOUR CONFIGS FILES AND CHANGE accept new game server to TRUE). You can not register it the same as your other server, so if your using Bartz, now. You must use server 2, or so on down the list.

Your almost done. You are allowing in your router, 3 ports I would imagine 7777, 9014 and 2106 i believe. close to those. You need to make all new ports so go into your router and make 3 new port numbers to allow, i would do them 7778, 9015, and 2107. Once you have them made, save them and close that.

Open your new server folder up, go into the configs of both the login server and game server. Anywhere you see your port number in the configs, change it to your new port. So for example, if you see 7777 in the configs, change it to 7778. And save once fully completed.

Once you do all of that, go ahead and start your login and game server and they should register as a second server on your server list. You normally only need 1 login server open though, just the second game server. :)

Hope this helped, let me know if you run into a pickle.

Macintosh.