l2j hight memory usage

xuinia

Question

I'm trying to run l2jserver pack on vps with 1gb of ram. And it apears that it is not enough even to start game server. It starts loading, but soon runs out of memory. A year ago I started gracia final server on vps with 512mb ram and it was more then enough for a start. (its a faction server withount mobs, soo less ram needed) Now I tryed using same gracia final server pack as before, and... 1 gb is not enough to start game server. Same files, same database, same OS (debian 5.0 64bit). What has changed during a year that memory usage increased so much? Maybe it's java by itself eating all ram? Any ideas how to make it work with 1 gb ram? It's just for testing puposes so there wont be many players online. Even login server uses ~200 mb of ram... On that old 512mb ram vps, login+gs used ~300-400 mb together. Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Buy more memory would be the eastiest way, aside from that the packs today require more memory to load.

You can try turning off geodata if you have it enabled, geo eats up a ton of ram.