[Tutorial]How to make a Pool?

CryStaliN

Hello today i will learn you how to make a pool for a map in Counter-Strike.

1. Lets start.

61520623cf4.gif

2. In the inside of the pool make a new block, same as you saw in the image from down , make a gouge, and keep it to make the water.

79512038on8.gif

3. Change the texture AAATRIGGER for a better quality, and then stable the level of the water from the pool and changing the height. (Adjust the unit of the lenght of the grills,for a better quality]

34049051uj3.gif

4. Transform the block in Entity (and click-right -> Tie to Entity), in the frame Class write the tipe of the entity, it is func_water, after this set the atributes: at Render Mode choose Pure Color (in this way the texture will dosnt matter anymore)  at FX Amount set the transparency (0 - invisible, 255 - opac), and to the FX Color chose the  shade

41076298pf9.gif

5. Construct a ramp

- use the Vertex option in the x/z scheme , it is given base a better form.

60671320ik1.gif

6. Press ,and select all the components  (the pool,the water,and the ramp) and group them (click right -> Group). Put the pool where you want. Dont forgot the entities unavailable for some maps:

info_player_start / info_player_deathmatch - spawn point

light / light_environment - light

trigger_camera - the place where "record" when you are in team-menu

ADVICE: create a entity info_player_start before to build, to can appreciate the ratio betwen the volume of the player and the objects.

7. Compile it and test :)

Credits:Mut2nt.

Have Fun & EnjoY.

naice share i will try to make.1 like this .and keep it up!!

Thanks for the good comment.

Soon i will add a video i think. (If i'm not bussy,i have a life..)

Awesome guide dude!Keep up!! ;D

PS:Make guides for maps generally,i need them(if you can) :P

In this section,i think without this you will found another one but i'm not sure.

Anyway soon i will post more guides for maps.

Nice Share :)

With this program you can create your own map?

You can create a map with this program.

Follow the tutorial and done.

http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=82204.0

very nc guide but i think coolis have made smthing like that :) btw thanks :)

Where?

I dont see any tutorial like this...

How to make a pool..

very nice tutorial can i ask something with this i can change the size of the pool on fy_pool_day?

the main i mean

Yes,you must remake the map of corse.

Not all the map focus only to the pool.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...