Do you think that Piracy is killing the Music?

chris18

Do you think that piracy is killing the music?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that piracy is killing the music?

• Yes
    • No

Either way artists don't take a huge percent from cd sellings (maybe 1 euro from each  :D) so i wouldn't buy a cd even it would cost 5 euro cause i have already heared them hundred of times on radio and because i am lazy walking to the stores  ;D. Also i don't like them cause a lot of them carry copy protections which prevent hear them the way i like(don't forget the nasty Sony/BMG protection which could lead our PC's to become hacking targets).

piracy saves our pockets, and I dont think it kills music, it helpes to get albums/cd's that were never available to buy in some countries, so it supports music in some way ^^

i think that too, it's hard to find some cd's

• 3 weeks later...

Is piracy killing music? Huh, of course not. Its not good for those who want to earn some money by selling music, but it wont kill the music. More songs to listen - more listeners - it develops a lot of music species.

Huh, of course yes. Look... When you go to work and after 1 month of working you don't get money you are angry, right? Singer is normal work, singing is their solution to get money... Write a program, burn it on your own CDs and give it for free to everyone... Oooo you lose your money? Nooo... They have your work, materials (CDs) for free, just like you all have music for free... I voted for !YES!

Piracy doesn't kill the music. Piracy kills the large companies. Piracy saves your pocket:P

piracy does not really hurt the big companies that bad, maybe the stores but the producers get their money from other ways, like concerts, appearances, events, etc.

Huh, of course yes. Look... When you go to work and after 1 month of working you don't get money you are angry, right? Singer is normal work, singing is their solution to get money... Write a program, burn it on your own CDs and give it for free to everyone... Oooo you lose your money? Nooo... They have your work, materials (CDs) for free, just like you all have music for free... I voted for !YES!

My point of view: famous singers are rich enough, piracy wont make them poor. BUT if u are a newbie singer, u can use p2p, internet etc to PROMOTE yourself! In this way, music develops, more artists can show their work and become famous.

Piracy helps.