[Guide] First Share of the Year! - Davion, the Dragon Knight!

Hello Everybody and a Happy New Year! This is my first Dota Guide (I started Dota yesterday, but I really want to share things with people that know less than I do). As you may have understood, I am still on the easy/medium mode. I have tried many heroes, but there is only one with which I win almost every match: Davion, the Dragon Knight! Let's start my guide!

davion.gif

My little Introduction

The hero that we will talk about is Davion, the Dragon Knight. This is a quite nice hero (costs 250 coins), which I use almost always. If you are a newbie dota player (like I am) you can use my guide to book a ticket for your next match where you'll win for sure!

The Hero and The Story

Dragon Knight Davion is a hero that you can find at the Strength (Neutral) - Dusk Tavern.

He does not have a certain alliance, since both - scourge and sentinel - can "purchase" him.

Abandoned and forsaken as a child, the Half-bred Dragon Davion sought refuge from the evils of the world, and from the uncontrollable power growing within himself. His search led him to the doorstep of a mighty Druid, who tought him to tap into the massive energies that lay concealed in his blood - a tribute to his ancient Draconian heritage. A master swordsman, Davion smites his Foes in his raging frenzy - transforming at will into an Elder Dragon of destructive fiery rage to crush all those that threaten to vanquish his new home.

Hero's Starting Attributes

Strength: 19 + 2.8 (his basic attribute, which means that you must focus on it!)

Agility: 19 + 2.2

Intelligence:15 + 1.7

The hero has an attack range of 125 (melee) and has a 290 starting movement speed.

Hero's Skills

Davion will learn the following skills: Breathe Fire, Dragon's Blood, Dragon's Tail and Elder Dragon Form.

Let's explain what each one does, on each level..

skill-0.gif

Breathe Fire

The hero breathes fire at enemy units which deals damage.

Level 1: 75 Damage.

Level 2: 150 Damage.

Level 3: 225 Damage.

Level 4: 300 Damage.

Cooldown: 12 seconds.

skill-1.gif

Dragon Tail

Knight Davion bashes a melee-range enemy target with the fury of a dragon's tail swipe. Stuns the target and deals minor damage.

Level 1: Deals 25 Damage, Stuns for 2.5 Seconds.

Level 2: Deals 50 Damage, Stuns for 2.75 Seconds.

Level 3: Deals 75 Damage, Stuns for 3 Seconds.

Level 4: Deals 100 Damage, Stuns for 3.25 Seconds.

Cooldown: 9 seconds.

skill-2.gif

Dragon Blood

Grants Dragon Knight Blood from his ancient ancestral dragon heritage, which increases health regeneration and armor.

Level 1: Increases HP Regeneration by 1 and armor by 2.

Level 2: Increases HP Regeneration by 2 and armor by 4.

Level 3: Increases HP Regeneration by 3 and armor by 6.

Level 4: Increases HP Regeneration by 4 and armor by 8.

Cooldown: No cooldown at all.

skill-3.gif

Elder Dragon Form

Transforms the Dragon Knight into a powerful elder dragon. Gives 25 movement speed boost. Lasts 60 seconds (1 minute).

Level 1: Transform into a Green Dragon with a corrosive breath attack.

Level 2: Transform into a Red Dragon with a splash attack.

Level 3: Transform into a Blue Dragon with an extremely powerful frost attack.

Cooldown: 115

Manacost: 50

My Way of Gameplay

Well, as every other game, everybody has his own gameplay. Now, I will present you mine (with which I win at most of my matches) so you can get new ideas, or even use it.

Let's begin with the equipment!

ipt.gif

Power Treads

This is my first item always! It is quite useful, since it can be used by all types of characters (Intelligence, Strength, Agility) and you can set it to suit yours!

You will find this item at Gateway Relics.

To purchase it you will need: Boots of Speed (you can find them at Cache of the Quel'thelan.), Gloves of Haste (you can find them at Cache of the Quel'thelan.) and Robe of the Magi (you can find it at Sena the Accessorizer.)

*Note that instead of Robe of the Magi, you can use two other items too, but I mentioned this, since it is the one I use.

BTNRunedBracers.gif

Bracer x2

The two Bracers are two of my starting items as well. I always purchase two at the begining, since they increase all attributes and especially Strength (My Hero's Specialization).

To purchase one Bracer (you will need two), you will need: Circlet of Nobility (you can find it at Sena the Accessorizer) and Gauntlets of Strength (you can find it at Sena the Accessorizer).

BTNHealingSalve.gif / tp.gif

Healing Salve / Scroll of Town Portal

Well, you can find both items at Ancient of Wonders. I didn't tell you which one to buy, since it depends on the situation. If you are losing the match, then you will need to teleport in many places, so the Scroll of Town Portal would be a nice choise. Although, if you are attacking the enemy, and because of the attacks you need hp, then for sure Healing Salve is the best option.

chainmail.gif -> platemail.gif

Chainmail -> Plate Mail

Well, I did not tell you exactly which one to pick, and I'll tell you the reason. Before I start attacking enemies to earn money, I make sure that I have the proper equipment. In my opinion, an inventory without an item that increases your armor, is half. So I always purchase a Chainmail in the beggining. I do this, because I don't have many coins in order to buy the Plate Mail. But once you reach 1.400 coins, sell your Chainmail immidiately, and buy the brand new Plate Mail!

You can find both items at Weapons Dealer.

ihotd.gif

Helm of the Dominator

Well, this is an item that you can't buy immidiately, although it is very important! So make sure that once you get many coins, you will buy this item! It increases damage, gives a skill and much more!

You can find the Helm of the Dominator at the Enchanted Artifacts.

To purchase it you will need: Mask of Death (you can find it at Cache of the Quel'thelan.) and Helm of Iron Will (you can find it at Weapons Dealer.)

lens4505962_1241745323mordiggian-armlet-dota.jpeg

Armlet of Mordiggian

Well, this is an item that can be purchased quite easily, so it would be good if you purchased this from the beginning of the game..

The Armlet of Mordiggian can be purchased in the Ancient Weaponry.

In order to purchase this item you will need: Blades of Attack (you can find them at the Weapons Dealer.), Helm of Iron Will (you can find it at the Weapons Dealer.) and Gloves of Haste (you can find them at Cache of the Quel'thelan.).

imkb.gif

Monkey King Bar

This is a very good item for our hero. It will give him extra damage and other useful attributes. The only problem is that its materials cost too much, so you cannot purchase it at the beginning.. But don't worry, once you find the proper coins you will drop the Bracer (or something that you consider useless at this match) and purchase this item!

You can purchase the Monkey Key Bar at the Ancient Weaponry.

In order to purchase it you will need: Two Javelins (you can find them at the Weapons Dealer.) and a Demon Edge (you can find it at Leragas The Vile.)

That's what I had to tell you about the equipment I use. Of course, if you see that something else leads you to the victory in an easier way, for sure you can add it, and remove something that you consider kinda useless.

Now, once I finish with the "beggining shopping" I immidiately begin to attack the enemy. Killing the normal attackers (simple mages and/or these shits that are attacking you with claws/branches) is quite easy, so you can handle them with the Breathe Fire skill. But the difficult part is when you must defeat the opponent hero. Well, it is not a big deal, you just need to have:

[*] A Clear Mind

[*] Ready Skills Without Cooldown

You first start attacking him with normal attacks and the Breathe Fire skill. But these ditches start to run away, once their HP Falls. Well, the solution is the Dragon Tail skill! It will give him a lil ammount of damage, but it will also stun him, so your units and your hero will be able to destroy him!

*Note that when fighting with buildings/heroes it is quite good to attack from a distance, while transformed to a dragon. So make sure that you get the Elder Dragon Form as soon as possible, and upgrade its level as soon as possible!

Credits & BBs

Well I am quite glad that I finished this guide. It took me too much, but I am happy for the result. Everything has been made by me, I didn't leech any site like playdota dot com.. I suppose that you can see this by yourself! This means that all the credits go to Mister Coyote™ aka me!

Please inform me if I could add anything (don't forget the 20k words limitation though) and also note that this was my first guide, so don't expect to become a professional player by reading it!

Best Regards,

Coyote™.

DreaM : Don't forget prefixes next time

Coyote: Okay

Well what about his worst enemies?

Well, about this I am talking in general.

I do not know too much stuff yet, but I know enough to win any of them xD

Let's Correct you and help you by the way ;)

Strygian and Dominator dont stuck :S

I will tell you my first Item Build(simple one) (By TheEnd ofc)

Power Treads

Hell of domi or MoM (never vlad)

Ofc Vanguard as First Item (Except if you have many ITL as enemies so go dor Hood)

MKB for damage

Plate Mail---> Assault ofc

something like that...

Btw Davion was My first dota hero :D

Let's Correct you and help you by the way ;)

Strygian and Dominator dont stuck :S

I will tell you the best Item Build (By TheEnd ofc)

Power Treads

Hell of domi or MoM (never vlad)

Ofc Vanguard as First Item (Except if you have many ITL as enemies so go dor Hood)

MKB for damage

Plate Mail---> Assault ofc

something like that...

Btw Davion was My first dota hero :D

Well, thanks!

I will test this stuff tomorrow (actually in a few hours) since my eyes are half closed xD

First share for 2010 lost the chance to get karma cuz of no prefix.

DreaM Do you think that I care for karma?

I have tried several times to get rid of it, why should I care?

What I care for is to help people that know less than I do.

And i don't really give a fuck for what you care. We have rules in here that VIP ? STAFF / NORM MEMBERS should follow you make no exception.

And i don't really give a -beep- for what you care. We have rules in here that VIP ? STAFF / NORM MEMBERS should follow you make no exception.

Nah, you could just tell me to add it.

I saw that TheEnd had no problem.

But by using karma in order to force me to do so, you just do something useless.

Helm of domi doesnt stack with desolator when you are melee

and you should've added Armlet of Mortiggian! It's an amazing item for him, a MUST tbh!

if u want coyote u could add an alternative build of mine for him..ive been playing a lot of time and i consider him an easy to play hero..the build i use is

threads

dominator----->satanic helm

bfury

hyperstone---->assalt

(heart of tarasq)

blade mail/hood/linkens depends on the situation

no vanguard for him,u make the items with the order i wrote them..result?at lvl 16 your perma slow from your ulti+fury+heart will make u an unstoppable dps tank,when u are going down just open satanic and u get full in some secs^^

hyperstone(assalt)is there for the amazing AS

Bfury? Why? You get cleave at lvl 11, It's useless imo. With the same amount of money you could make a mkb which is more useful

Bfury? Why? You get cleave at lvl 11, It's useless imo. With the same amount of money you could make a mkb which is more useful

+dmg+reg at hp mana..its really good

anyway its my build xD