[Guide (?) - Info] Types of Packs - Pros and Cons

Hello Everybody. This is a very important topic. Here I will try to force you to avoid using preconfigured packs.

So shall we start?

Preconfigured Packs;

Pros;

Well, There are just a few Pros about preconfigured packs.

The first one is that you may find one that suits the style of the server you wanna create, so you won't have to spend 30 minutes compiling (Almost useless point >.>).

Another one is that your database is created (almost always), with the spawnlists, HTMLs, skills already edited and fixed (not always).

The Last Pro for me, is that if you don't even know what Java is, these packs offer you a bugless gameplay (Untill the project dies ;D)

Lets move to Cons;

Oh, I feel like I'm going to fill the whole page with these ;D Let's Start.

-By getting a Preconfigured Pack, you dont have the chance to edit Java Side Custom Stuff, in order to make your server unique.

-By getting a Preconfigured Pack, you don't have the chance to edit Java Side Stuff, in order to fix major Bugs that will appear.

-By getting a Preconfigured Pack, your server will be the first hacking target. Why that? Let's see why. You decide to hack a server with a new script that somebody has shared. You find 2 servers. The first one, shows at details every little info about java side stuff and customs. The second one shows rates, NPCs and nothing else. Which one will be your target? ;)

-By getting a Preconfigured Pack, you can't change the Config files, in order to customise gameplay, or files' infos. Why that? Because by adding a few lines in the Configs, that you just imagined, the only thing you will recieve will be few GS errors!

-By getting a Preconfigured Pack, you can't edit features like auto announcements, or shutdown modes, or even the well know welcome.htm file! Why that? Because these files are Java Side Created Stuff, as everything else as well.

I think these were enough. Let's move to the Freshly Compiled Packs.

In these, I will start with the Cons.

-The only Con is that the project you will choose may be a bad choice, although this can change really easily.

Although, if this becomes a real problem for you, don't hesitate to read my guide here. You can easily find the part where I'm talking about how to choose a nice project.

Pros;

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you can edit the whole Java Side Custom Stuff, like Config, and change the custom features of your server, or even add a new one!

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you can edit the whole Java Side Stuff, and fix every single bug.

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, even if you don't know how to fix Java Stuff and fix the bugs, you can still update your pack into the latest Revision of your Project, which may have fixed everything. For More Infos about this, you can read my guide.

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you have less chances to get an attack at your server. The reason has been already explained above.

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you can easily change the important stuff of a server like Auto Announcements Mode or Shutdown mods.

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you can learn the important stuff of Java Programming Language, something that may be useful for your real life as well!

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you are able to create your own preconfigured pack and share it with your friends, that don't know how to compile Projects.

-By Compiling a Fresh Pack, you can start learning main things on how to create even your own project in a few months or year(s)! (A bit difficult, but nothing's impossible!).

So, I think that now you can see how useful it is to compile your own pack. If you are interested to start a new Lineage II Dev Career, you can read these two guides and start!

Guide No.1

Guide No.2

Guide No.3

P.S.: I did not want to make a huge topic with tons of useless stuff, just a normal one which will force you to "Shift + Del" preconfigured packs from your Computer.

Credits to Me.

Best Regards,

Coyote*.

Incredible work , really good for giving the basic knowledge :)

Thanks for the good comment.

BTW it seems like nobody else likes it =/

BTW it seems like nobody else likes it =/

its cuz none cares since they download pre-configured packs -.-"

its a great guide tho.

its cuz none cares since they download pre-configured packs -.-"

Ye, that's what I think as well >.>

Seems like even after 3 guides, they can't learn anything..

So..

Coyote* nice Guide useful for all :X (sorry for my bad english)

Thanks, although it's not for all..

It's for the ones using Preconfigured sh!ts..

They MUST understand the use of compiling packs :@

• 1 month later...