[ExTrEmE Guide]EDIT TEXTURES!!! Customize E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!

• 1 month later...

Sorry but i need one explanation... I made a crazy sword, but i want to put FIRE like the fire dual.(really fire)... I need to do that with animated itens isn't?

Other question: Can i do this fire work as the enchant of that sword? more enchant more fire?

I want to create a skill, i need to do something more then customize the skill, or maybe i need to use animated itens tuto? =(

thks all!

• 3 weeks later...

I promised you to give you such a guide, but because of the fact that is complicating, i needed some time to find more infos for it, so as it is CORRECT and WORKS. This is an EXTREME MODDERS GUIDE for l2, if ya think that you are cool enough to do this, try!

Before we start: Tested on C4, i hope it works with C5 too, try it and tell me ;D If you want assistance, you have better post here or add me to msn, or pm me (yeah, i got over 260 PMs for these guides :P) but i prefer msn. Click on my profile. I would recomend also to post your problem so as to post the solution for this, and i won't have mass spam for the same thing over and over.

1st Step: We need some programs, don't we...?

Q: What do i need? I know you gonna get me into troubles...

A: We need some stuff, i hope you have time to download, huh.

Q: Are these tools simple to use?

A: No, but if you follow this guide, it will be more than you think!

Download links at the end of this guide. What do we need?

Lineage 2 client (I think it is obvious, just to be sure...)

l2decrypt (Decrypts pretty much all the L2 files.)

l2toolo (Creates UTX files that can be read by UnrealEd.)

Appropriate DDS tools (Get the DDS Utils and Photoshop plugin (If you plan to use Photoshop))

Photoshop (Find it your self, no link... illegal)

UnrealEd (UnrealEd, as well as a nifty Demo of Unreal engine.)

2nd Step: Decrypting :)

We create a new folder, anywhere we want to do it. We extract the l2decrypt tool, and we copy the .utx file we want to edit. I suppose you would like to edit a weapon, huh? Yeah, pretty nice, it would be fun to have your name on YOUR blade. We go to \SysTextures\LineageWeaponsTex.utx and find that file, we copy it (the LineageWeaponsTex.utx not the whole folder damn it!) and paste it on the same folder as the l2decrypt. Now, we drag it and drop it on the l2decrypt.exe (don't worry i know what i am saying). Hehehe, seems to work huh? Now we see this (not the same, it depends where your folder is, this photo is from systextures, but i told you to create a new folder just to not mess all the things).

50217611ps3.th.gif

Nice, now we decrypted that! DO NOT FORGET THE NUMBER THAT GAVE US (wrote 12123033 bytes using VERSION 121)

3rd Step: We wanna edit it, so, make it readable :)

The last step just created LineageWeaponsTex.clear.utx in that same directory as the old file. Now we want to make it readable by unrealED, so we will do it using l2toolo. We open that program, and press the button: .. after the utxΜ§²Ω blank. We search FOR OUR .clear.utx FILE. Double click on it. If you get any error, just avoid it... we don't care...

56807680sv2.th.gif

58389085cy4.th.gif

96535376iu8.th.gif

Now we select the button Line2->UnrealED

Save it as xxx.unreal.utx (just to avoid damn messages). Now we will go on with unreal.

81110758wr4.gif

4th Step: UnrealED

C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\System\UnrealEd.exe run it (if you installed it on the default folder), press file and then open (upper left corner on the textures window). Open the file you made with l2toolo now (i named it xxx.unreal.utx (WHERE xxx THE DEFAULT NAME!!!)) and WOW. We can see EVERYTHING NOW! YIHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

69506662pp7.th.gif

Yeah, but, God damn it, we have a long way. So don't be happy (just go mad, become a crazy cow, smash your head with an egg). Now it's the hot part! There is a dropdown menu, click on it and select the weapon you want to edit 8) I like falchion. Let's see what we can do.

39467910jm2.th.gif

Select it, right click, export to file... , select our folder (i used systextures, use the one you made...), save and close that UnrealEd. Now, it's modding time meeeeeeeeeen!

40959795cp3.th.jpg

10xh5.th.gif

5th Step: OMFG, we will edit it now!!!

Install those plugins for photoshop. If you installed them right, you will open that file with double click (if you don't, then go and take a bath, and come back again). NOW EDIT!!! @.@ Do not do something crazy, because later we have to save it in the correct format, and if you don't know what you did and what each format means, you will be like the pig in the mud. Write something, edit the hue and the lightness, not something crazy...

11ms0.th.jpg

12jp5.th.jpg

Now select: file ~> save as... and save it as a dds file. Choose the correct format (it is the same as the default of this texture, unless you did crazy things on it), which for me is a DXT1 with only R G and B, no alpha's. Select what fits you and click OK.

13yf2.th.gif

Now, let's import it in our textures ;D

6th Step: We almost finished...

This step is easy... READ ONCE MORE THIS DAMNED GUIDE AND BE SURE YOU DID EVERYTHING FINE!!!

7th Step: We almost finished, part 2...

I hope you got that before, so we can go on. Semi-Final step... importing it to client. We will use l2toolo now.

On the first text box (ddsΜ§²Ω) we will add the .dds file we saved just 1' before. On utxΜ§²Ω text box, select the xxx.clear.utx file. On the last text box (Γ½Α-) add the texture you will replace on the .clear.utx file (99.9% the same as the name of the .dds file, without the .dds OBVIOUSLY). Press set. If everything went fine, we will see that box with the ????????????? text ;D Press ok.

14jm9.th.gif

81110758wr4.gif

We are almost done boys, COME ON!

8th Step: Let's DO IT! ENCRYPT IT!

The last step is, encrypting that file. We do the same as before, but with the xxx.clear.utx file. We drag it, and drop it on l2decrypt.exe It will open. Now, do you remember what i told you before, ehm... 30 minutes? (This is the time it took me from the 1st step to this :P) Well, for you 5' before (you are reading, i'm creating...). REMEMBER THAT DAMN NUMBER. Don't start asking <<Was it 111 or 121...?>>, DO IT, copy paste again the file in another folder, and decrypt again to be sure (Not on the same genious, it will overight the existing one). Enter the number, and press enter... ouf, i hope you got a file named xxx.crypt.utx, RIGHT??? x.x I hope, i hopeeeeeeeee. If you got that, delete the real one, and rename the xxx.crypt.utx into xxx.utx and paste it into your client (from the path you got it).

15de0.th.gif

YOU DID IT, CRAZY BOY!!! Start your game, and enjoy it ;D Your friends will act like you are the GOD of l2!!! GG QQ, bb from me ;D Login and see what you have done. If you get any client error, post it, OR DO THIS AGAIN!

16oq0.th.jpg

~LINKS~

http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/l2decrypt.zip'>http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/l2decrypt.zip ~> L2Decrypt

http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/l2toolo.zip'>http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/l2toolo.zip ~> l2toolo

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html ~> photoshop plugins

http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/UE2Runtime-22261903.exe'>http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/UE2Runtime-22261903.exe UnrealEd

Info: I created this guide, but i'm on vista PC, so these programs don't work and i'm unable to make you some photos, so i got some from the web (and editted them). I advised 4 guides totally to make this one (and not copy paste ;D)

It works on C4, i can't try it on C5 (i told you why...), try out and tell us.

***More To Come Soon***

***eXtreme Modding Guides Collection***

Nice copy ^^

http://www.sexyracing.com/lineage/l2howto/

OK! Stop quoting hiden posts or you will be banned!

PS: Nice Work

DarkAngel did you see that post? Omg!!!

Killer, I got critical in UnrealEd, when I'm trying to open the file that I edited with L2Toolo. Is something wrong?

Read all posts in the topic you will find the solution. C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\System\UnrealEd.exe copy the file you created with L2Toolo in UnrealEngine2Runtime folder.

• 2 weeks later...