Doubts about L2OFF/L2J/L2 Classic Interlude

Hello ppl, I'm just a player of l2, not a dev, only a curious... 

Could someone please explain me what client these private servers are using when they tell their servers are L2 Classic Interlude? Cause the Official Classic are not the Interlude, just resemble it, right?

So, was the official files of the L2 Classic leaked and the community are using them? Is it just that old leaked L2OFF files with a Classic interface? Or even is it just L2j modifications looking like the Official L2 Classic?

Edited by IkkexD

yes

there's likely someone doing every single thing you've listed, people do all kinds of weird shit using new clients to look like old, using old servers to work on new chronicles, a few guys have every official version that basically exists, and l2j well just does l2j so yeah, all of it

• Like 1

There arent any leaked official files for classic lineage. The only story i heard was that Inadril somehow got the datapack  of official files (stats, npc ids or whatever is in there) and not some core mechanic like  leaked official files of c4 PTS  back in 2005-6  but there are many people who can build core mechanics from sratch either with c++ or java just by reading client packets. Even ncsoft has implement ideas from private servers. 

1 hour ago, Seamless said:

There arent any leaked official files for classic lineage. The only story i heard was that Inadril somehow got the datapack  of official files (stats, npc ids or whatever is in there) and not some core mechanic like  leaked official files of c4 PTS  back in 2005-6  but there are many people who can build core mechanics from sratch either with c++ or java just by reading client packets. Even ncsoft has implement ideas from private servers. 

Propably u missed the classic release from fyree on the svn it has all the classic protocols, missing database only and its ready to go

2 hours ago, Seamless said:

24 minutes ago, Amenadiel said:

Propably u missed the classic release from fyree on the svn it has all the classic protocols, missing database only and its ready to go

So that means that there are revs out ther really using L2 Classic OFF files? Cause there are servers with enhnanced graphics and all the menu/interface of the Official Classic, and the playabillity doesn't look like l2j. Is it possible to modify the old L2OFF files to make things like that?

16 minutes ago, IkkexD said:

So that means that there are revs out ther really using L2 Classic OFF files? Cause there are servers with enhnanced graphics and all the menu/interface of the Official Classic, and the playabillity doesn't look like l2j. Is it possible to modify the old L2OFF files to make things like that?

How do you separate if it's l2j or l2off by playablity? I know you could easily back in 2010 but projects have evolved and they've got most features complete and working.

Btw most people opening interlude on classic client probably have downgraded a classic l2j server to fit interlude gameplay or changed an interlude l2j server to connect to classic client (like im currently doing).

Edited by An4rchy