How to let my friends connect to the server

olekos321

Question

Hello everyone,

Hope you can help me, I've managed to start my own server yesterday, I can log into it myself on my PC, but I want my friends to join and I have no clue on how to do it,

(I've used this guide to set up the server) , can you guide me on how to let others join my server and what steps need to be taken, THANKS ! :)

4 answers to this question

There should be a config about external ip. You should put your ip address there. Also, make sure that your login and gameserver ports are open.

ports 2106 and 7777 are open, i've put my ip in gameserver.properties and loginserver.properties and changed l2.ini serveraddr to my ip the  it doesn't want to login anymore, when it was 127.0.0.1 it loaded up fine but i couldn't play with anyone ... pls help I don't understand what I need to do 😞  

Try to disable your firewall (or add exceptions for 2106 and 7777).

Also you can connect with 127.0.0.1 if you're on the same pc as the server is hosted. Only your friends have to use your ip in l2.ini.

Oh maybe you are using aCis which is one way directed. Internal or External. 
Which means that either you run the server on 127.0.0.1 (localhost) or you run it by your external IP with portforwarding to your dhcp assigned 192.168...etc.

But I've figured it out on how to trick the system of course in a limited way up to 4 external PCs (free plan) using Hamachi. This can help you build the server testing with your friends before you host it on production! 

If you need more information on how to do that don't hesitate to hit me up on PM.