Discussion Windows 11 - Lineage 2 compatibility?

Hey,

want to know if somebody of you got Windows 11 installed and if it works with lineage 2. Does it also just work with a custom .dll file like with Windows 10?

Because I might consider upgrading to ReviOS 11

Edited by splicho

you dont need dll but expect to get constant random crashes like i do, it say something about kernel32.dll if someone got an idea please tell me

Edited by BruT

I've used Windows 11 since beta until last year in December. It's slowing down SSDs and it's pathetically stupid, nothing but a pretty face  - I went back to Windows 10 and I will probably stick to it this year - Microsoft is far from making it stable; they'll be mainly focusing on speed and stability this year; I couldn't wait any longer.

I had no issues on most clients or servers. The biggest issue was while changing acis' server packets to make it work with Classic - every single sensitivity packet would crush the client.

@BruT, CreateProcess fails, the executed process does not have correct security access to the window station and desktop that are associated with the process - MS. Is @Fyyre, @eresseaor @Rootwarestill around?

Edited by Trance

my issue has nothing to do with packets, the client just dissapears randomly in any state or time of the game and i think it started to happen after the last update in which they touched kernel32.dll

two errors in application logs

Faulting application name: L2.exe, version: 4.0.76.0, time stamp: 0x6098e72a
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.22000.434, time stamp: 0x7fcb6c15

the following error comes after

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program LaunchRes because of this error.

Program: LaunchRes

Edited by BruT

1 minute ago, BruT said:

my issue has nothing to do with packets, the client just dissapears randomly in any state or time of the game and i think it started to happen after the last update in which they updated kernel32.dll

Faulting application name: L2.bin, version: 4.0.76.0, time stamp: 0x61de85b0
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.22000.434, time stamp: 0x7fcb6c15

Faulting application name: L2.exe, version: 4.0.76.0, time stamp: 0x6098e72a

the following error comes after in application error logs

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program LaunchRes because of this error.

Program: LaunchRes

I just pointed out how sensible Windows 11 is when it comes to Lineage II. Your erorr can be caused due to CreateProcess or your desktop heap is running out of memory. You can increase it in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows. Replying from my phone.

I heard that Microsoft actually improved the Network drivers in Windows 11 and actually made it better. If it's true or not is still written in the stars, at least for me.

I really love its design changes and what not, but still curious about if Interlude will even run.

@Trance thanks for insight.

Edited by splicho
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BruT said:

did and nothing changed

SharedSection=2048,20480,2048

Look for the supported values and restart the OS. If not, we may return to the first cause or something else.

10 minutes ago, Trance said:

Look for the supported values and restart the OS. If not, we may return to the first cause or something else.

SharedSection=1024,20480,4096

still nothing, with 4096 my pc became damn slow

this cant be heap issue, cuz resolution change or sleeping pc also crashing my game

Edited by BruT

34 minutes ago, BruT said:

SharedSection=1024,20480,4096

still nothing, with 4096 my pc became damn slow

this cant be heap issue, cuz resolution change or sleeping pc also crashing my game

Nvidia Experience can cause it too.

1 hour ago, Trance said:

Nvidia Experience can cause it too.

so you suggest me to remove it completely or what, the thing is that this error started to happen before the last nvidia drivers so i dont think its nvidia

p.s. tried older drivers still the same so its not nvidia

Edited by BruT

2 hours ago, BruT said:

Seems like you're not the only person who have that problem. By researching on Google and YouTube, it seems to be a common issue.

Damn, good luck on fixing that. If you do, mind sharing the fix please.

Edited by splicho
  • Sad 1