Jump to content

Help Problem with NoItemName


rtcxool
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

At first when I've noticed this I though it's easy to fix problem. Unfortunately, it took hours and I still can't find what's wrong...

So, there is two armour which showing NoItemName. DC heavy and Nightmare heavy. All the other items showing everything perfectly.

               Video (YouTube)

 

Below you see the lines from itemname-e.dat

365    Dark Crystal Breastplate            -1    365,388,512,5765,5777    Heal receiving amount +4%, chance to get Paralysis attack -50%,Atk. Spd. +10%, P.Atk. +10% STR-2, and CON+2.    641    Shield Def +18%.    0    0    6    When all set items are enchanted by 6 or higher, P. Def. and MP regeneration rate will increase.


374    Armor of Nightmare        Full body armor.    -1    374,2418,5771,5783    P. Atk. +14%, Atk. Spd. +10% chance to get Sleep/Hold attack -70%, CON+2, and DEX-2    2498    Inflicts 5% of damage received in close-up general physical attacks on the enemy.    0    0    6    When all set items are enchanted by 6 or higher, P. Def. and MP regeneration rate will increase.

 

When I edit these lines, make even tiny change, in game all the items turns to NoItemName.
The below line for IC breastplate which is working perfectly.

 

6373    Imperial Crusader Breastplate            -1    6373,6374,6378,6375,6376    DEX-2, STR+2, P. Def. +8%, P. Atk. +12%, Atk. Spd. +12% and maximum HP +445. Chance to get Sleep/Hold attack -70%.    6377    Chance to get Poison/Bleed attack -80%.    0    0    6    When all set items are enchanted by 6 or higher, P. Def. and MP regeneration rate will increase.
 

Can't understand what's wrong, but I've tried nearly every possible way to edit these lines. I've even tried to copy IC breastplate line which is working and place instead of DC breastplate just change ID. Didn't worked, all items turns to NoItemName.

 

Also tried to take itemname-e.dat file from other system, no success. Even downloaded other system from some server and took itemname-e.dat to see what happens - all items show NoItemName.

 

Have any idea how to sort this out?

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

try use clean itemname.dat, maybe u damage file when can save it 😉

(when have any u custom item add it here)

https://mega.nz/file/cUs2EYQA#_kNW8LXpBLRuWEe3JP6lhg5IlePvZHyYRknK3iZSxvQ

Edited by KejbL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, KejbL said:

try use clean itemname.dat, maybe u damage file when can save it 😉

(when have any u custom item add it here)

https://mega.nz/file/cUs2EYQA#_kNW8LXpBLRuWEe3JP6lhg5IlePvZHyYRknK3iZSxvQ

 

Thanks, but didn't worked. Fist I got Critical error due to general protection when tried to run game.

When I tried open it in FileEdit I got other error. Then I re-encrypted it and tried to run game, worked but more then half items show NoItemName. Strange that not all of the items, but still, not working.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rtcxool said:

 

Thanks, but didn't worked. Fist I got Critical error due to general protection when tried to run game.

When I tried open it in FileEdit I got other error. Then I re-encrypted it and tried to run game, worked but more then half items show NoItemName. Strange that not all of the items, but still, not working.

 

don't do everything in one row
Add ID to shuffle
An example option:
1 DC armor
2 - DC boots
10200 - Icarus Spit
8 - Nightmare Heavy Armor
10 - Nightmare Helmet
15 - Gremlin's Mother Hat (whatever)
etc
etc
etc

This happens even with default items.
Just find bugged ID and replace it on top of Itemname.grp table and you will see

Edited by Ehoq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ehoq said:

don't do everything in one row
Add ID to shuffle
An example option:
1 DC armor
2 - DC boots
10200 - Icarus Spit
8 - Nightmare Heavy Armor
10 - Nightmare Helmet
15 - Gremlin's Mother Hat (whatever)
etc
etc
etc

This happens even with default items.
Just find bugged ID and replace it on top of Itemname.grp table and you will see

 

Yeah, that was the case! A bugged ID. 

I didn't shuffled the lines but did other way. Since not all but just some armour showed NoItemName, I've checked every line above in game by creating items and found that creating item ID 117 nothing appeared in inventory. Checked same line in armorgrp.dat and found the issue. The line which supposed to be ID 117, had different, misspelled ID. Corrected to 117 and all works. 

 

Thanks for replies. 

 

Can be locked now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Vision locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

AdBlock Extension Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

I've Disbaled AdBlock