[EASY] Downgrading of SysTextures from new chronicles.

Greetings, dear MXCheaters!

I spent a few hours today attempting to take SysTextures *.utx files from new chornicles (think Icons, user interface, etc) and make them usable with H5 client.
It turns out, the process is as easy as it can be! This method has been tested with H5 client but could be working on other chronicles as well. Furthermore, it might work for other files as well, I just haven't tested it.

Tools/programmes needed:
 1 - L2Tool (acmi)
 2- mxencdec

disclaimer: clicking on the names of the tools will send you to download them from my personal google drive stash as the download links of the original shares might be broken.

Now to the fun part.

STEP 1:  You download the files and extract them in a folder of your choice. I tend to use folders with directories (ex: D:\Client_Edit\UTX\).

STEP 2:  Copy the desired *.UTX file from the new chronicle and place it in the folder where you extracted the tools like so:

image.png.4001791622bff83f358e9df15328bc1e.png

STEP 3:
- Open the L2Tool_acmi folder and run "starter.bat" and click on the button with two dots on the UTX row (shown as 1 on the screenshot below).
- Open the desired UTX file. 
- Click on the "L2-> UnrealED" button of L2Tool (shown as 2 on the screenshot) and then save the file in the mxencdec folder.

image.png.cbcdef613abb4e8e7f0e64e875880965.png

STEP 4:
- Open mxencdec folder and DRAG AND DROP the UTX file on top of the MXENCDEC.exe and wait for the command prompt window to show you SUCCESS like so:

image.png.42fa373773fa793a3828292a07d58e0b.png

STEP 5: Copy the newly encrypted file from the mxencdec folder to your Lineage 2's SysTextures folder and you are done.

Credits go to Matrix (EDL Team) for mxencdec and to Aleksey Sazonov (acmi) for the L2Tool.

Edited by bru7al
typo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1