LF UTX File encryption?

splicho

Hey,

just curious if its possible to encrypt *.utx files since I created a few graphics which I wanna keep secure for the public being stolen/ripped.

Does somebody know ?

11 hours ago, splicho said:

Hey,

just curious if its possible to encrypt *.utx files since I created a few graphics which I wanna keep secure for the public being stolen/ripped.

Does somebody know ?

2 hours ago, Xtellia said:

No point in doing so since game uses directx so you can extract images directly from there.

This exactly who ever wants to steal something it's not hard now days even encryption wont help

7 hours ago, Xtellia said:

No point in doing so since game uses directx so you can extract images directly from there.

What really? Oh my god. I didn't know that...

First of all, any protection is better than none. Second of all, not every kiddo knows how to sniff from dx, but probably all kids from mxc know how to open L2 utx without any protection, right?

So the point is - encrypted utx / ukx will protect the files from most of kiddos who are just drooling for these leeched files, when ppl who knows how to sniff it from outside of the game, won't even bother for stupid files.

So I guess it is always good to protect the files if You can. Just don't spend like 200 euro for a crypter. Not worth nowadays.

• Like 1

This is true, BUT not everyone is willing to pay someone for the decryption and not everyone has the knowledge to open the file. Therefore, it is still better to use some kind of protection and this will give a slight advantage. There are many ways that can make it harder for those looking to take over your graphics.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ave said:

First of all, any protection is better than none. Second of all, not every kiddo knows how to sniff from dx, but probably all kids from mxc know how to open L2 utx without any protection, right?

So the point is - encrypted utx / ukx will protect the files from most of kiddos who are just drooling for these leeched files, when ppl who knows how to sniff it from outside of the game, won't even bother for stupid files.

So I guess it is always good to protect the files if You can. Just don't spend like 200 euro for a crypter. Not worth nowadays.

we are on 2021 everyone now wants to decrypt files and this is happening months now.

9 hours ago, Xtellia said:

We, as developers, should not give them direct hints, since it is not in our interests

( to extract textures and other things ) from the finished works of other developers on this forum .

try ask @NevesOma or admin bucks.game how they encrypt .u files for skins RabbitRider, MerryMarauder, bcs cant use it give u auto error 😕😄

maybe help u 🙂

Edited by KabLe21

47 minutes ago, KabLe21 said:

try ask @NevesOma or admin bucks.game how they encrypt .u files for skins RabbitRider, MerryMarauder, bcs cant use it give u auto error 😕😄

maybe help u 🙂

i dont think that someone will share his method how he protect files etc each developer has his own secret 🙂

11 minutes ago, Warcelo said:

Put utx in .U and smartcrypt, dont help ?

Smartcrypt is waste of money not gonna lie.