Welcome to MaxCheaters.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

not sure what I did wrong here, I exported the original texture and changed the color and created a UTX package for all my new color buttons, when I try use the button, it doesn't stretch like the original in the UI utx file? (picture attached)

Please can someone help me figure this out, been pulling all my hair out.

 

Thanks.

button.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gearbox said:

Hi Guys,

 

not sure what I did wrong here, I exported the original texture and changed the color and created a UTX package for all my new color buttons, when I try use the button, it doesn't stretch like the original in the UI utx file? (picture attached)

Please can someone help me figure this out, been pulling all my hair out.

 

Thanks.

button.jpg

 

That's because this is a plain texture.

When you try use higher width than the texture itself it repeat it.

 

You either need to edit the texture in Photoshop and make the width larger or use the texture's width which i guess is around 30-40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

<button value="Arenas" action="bypass -h blablabla width="114" height="29" 
 (width=(your button width)" height="(your button width)" )

 

 

Again you write no sense post. The texture's width is lower than the given in html hence the repeatable edges. What's the point of writing down this? Read what he ask first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kara said:

 

That's because this is a plain texture.

When you try use higher width than the texture itself it repeat it.

 

You either need to edit the texture in Photoshop and make the width larger or use the texture's width which i guess is around 30-40

@Kara

I did an export of the normal button which is found in L2UI_ct1.button_df, example of normal html button:

 

<button action="bypass -h npc_%objectId%_Chat 3" value="Arenas" width=200 height=21 back="L2UI_ct1.button_df" fore="L2UI_ct1.button_df"><br>

 

So i exported the button texture found in the html above (texture size 32x32), changed the color in photoshop and thought it would work when I did the following:

 

<button action="bypass -h npc_%objectId%_Chat 3" value="Arenas" width=200 height=21 back="MyButton.button_df_green" fore="MyButton.button_df_green"><br>

 

Just so I understand your recommendation, I should create a very large button texture, lets say 400x42 and that can be scaled downwards if the texture is larder than the html button size[200x21]?

 

I was reading earlier about 9 slice textures for UI in Unreal, not sure if the original button was one of these "9 slice textures"?

 

Edited by Gearbox
forgot to quote kara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gearbox said:

@Kara

I did an export of the normal button which is found in L2UI_ct1.button_df, example of normal html button:

 

<button action="bypass -h npc_%objectId%_Chat 3" value="Arenas" width=200 height=21 back="L2UI_ct1.button_df" fore="L2UI_ct1.button_df"><br>

 

So i exported the button texture found in the html above (texture size 32x32), changed the color in photoshop and thought it would work when I did the following:

 

<button action="bypass -h npc_%objectId%_Chat 3" value="Arenas" width=200 height=21 back="MyButton.button_df_green" fore="MyButton.button_df_green"><br>

 

Just so I understand your recommendation, I should create a very large button texture, lets say 400x42 and that can be scaled downwards if the texture is larder than the html button size[200x21]?

 

I was reading earlier about 9 slice textures for UI in Unreal, not sure if the original button was one of these "9 slice textures"?

 

 

My comment is pretty simple. You import a 400x70 button texture then the button's width and height will be 400x70. Lineage 2 won't adjust button for you. There are some buttons in Lineage 2 that work with any width and height but those are not a single layer texture, those are multiple textures combined together (edges, loops, lines e.t.c.) and Lineage 2 (DLL in system) handle their arrangement. So if you want 3 buttons 100x30 - 180x40 - 320x50 make 3 texture equal to those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gearbox said:

 

 

I was reading earlier about 9 slice textures for UI in Unreal, not sure if the original button was one of these "9 slice textures"?

 

There is indeed such a thing and it's called split9. The original texture that you exported makes use of this and is stretched, that's why the new texture appears smaller and repeats itself.

 

To make it work, you can use l2pe and fiddle with the values shown in the image below.

 

image.png

 

Keep in mind that once you open and resave package in the editor, these properties will be lost and you will have to add them again.

Edited by Blitzkrieg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

There is indeed such a thing and it's called split9. The original texture that you exported makes use of this and is stretched, that's why the new texture appears smaller and repeats itself.

 

To make it work, you can use l2pe and fiddle with the values shown in the image below.

 

image.png

 

Keep in mind that once you open and resave package in the editor, these properties will be lost and you will have to add them again.

@Blitzkrieg, I will give this a try this evening when I get back from work, ill keep you posted and thanks for the info, its really much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.