new version of lineage 2

thank you guys for enlightening me

Prelude of war part 3 is for the official l2.

what about private servers and l2j's?

because I'm about to run my own server and want to get the latest.

5 hours ago, Metab said:

Well, there's a clear distinction between pre-GoD (Goddess of Destruction) chronicles and post GoD servers. GoD essentially revamped the game when retail servers entered the free 2 play era. The majority of the private scene prefers pre-GoD chronicles, with Interlude and High Five probably being the most frequent and popular chronicles (out of the original ones). Out of the two High-Five is the latest. 

Then you have the Classic chronicles, which are a different ball game altogether, and run on a modern client. So I think one of the later "Classic" chronicles might be a good place to look.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:27 PM, Metab said:

why would u run a server when u have 0 knowledge about the game whatsoever?

most common and most preffered is Interlude

Edited by antwnhc

3 hours ago, antwnhc said:

why would u run a server when u have 0 knowledge about the game whatsoever?

most common and most preffered is Interlude

with 0 knowledge, I already have h5 server running online and I add or edit on it. I'm exploring and learning every day thanks to guides and tutorials.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:58 PM, Metab said:

Hello,

I want to know what is the latest version of lineage 2?

is it high five, or interlude, or what?

Thank you

It doesn't work like that.

Official L2 updates are cut in "chronicles". I invite you to read any wikipedia speaking about L2 to get the full list, it updates every 6 months or so lately.

Each chronicle (tagged by a name) got its own developement team, L2J stopped around H5, mainly because they couldn't follow the pace of retail chronicles.

Numerous teams took other chronicles, being older or newer than H5. For that, they use initial L2j work and work on their own version of the emulator ; it's called a "fork". Many of those teams simply dissapear after a while, and their sources are also generally lost.

For instance, I'm the project leader of a project aCis, which is based on L2J IL branch, and which is dedicated to Interlude chronicle (which last 6 months, around 2007). Other teams work on other chronicles, and some popular chronicles can have numerous teams working on it.

You also have L2OFF, which are basically leaked retail files (basically, what uses NCSoft as game server) and since leakers couldn't leak all chronicles, some people created an "extender" system, to emulate a given chronicle. For instance, L2OFF got leaked C1, C4 and GF, so any L2OFF files you will find about C2/C3/C5/IL/... is an extender.

About which chronicle does what, you basically need to know the game to understand. The biggest steps, in the past is the move from IL to Kamael, and the introduction of GoD. Since then, it becames a fuckfest and I personally stopped to interest into it.

Then, some years ago, and seeing private servers were still strong and seeing they could milk some players based on nostalgia, retail also launched "Classic" version. So you got actually 2 versions of L2 retail, and an illimited amount of forks trying to emulate chronicles, being latest and older.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, Tryskell said:

It doesn't work like that.

Official L2 updates are cut in "chronicles". I invite you to read any wikipedia speaking about L2 to get the full list, it updates every 6 months or so lately.

Each chronicle (tagged by a name) got its own developement team, L2J stopped around H5, mainly because they couldn't follow the pace of retail chronicles.

Numerous teams took other chronicles, being older or newer than H5. For that, they use initial L2j work and work on their own version of the emulator ; it's called a "fork". Many of those teams simply dissapear after a while, and their sources are also generally lost.

For instance, I'm the project leader of a project aCis, which is based on L2J IL branch, and which is dedicated to Interlude chronicle (which last 6 months, around 2007). Other teams work on other chronicles, and some popular chronicles can have numerous teams working on it.

You also have L2OFF, which are basically leaked retail files (basically, what uses NCSoft as game server) and since leakers couldn't leak all chronicles, some people created an "extender" system, to emulate a given chronicle. For instance, L2OFF got leaked C1, C4 and GF, so any L2OFF files you will find about C2/C3/C5/IL/... is an extender.

About which chronicle does what, you basically need to know the game to understand. The biggest steps, in the past is the move from IL to Kamael, and the introduction of GoD. Since then, it becames a fuckfest and I personally stopped to interest into it.

Then, some years ago, and seeing private servers were still strong and seeing they could milk some players based on nostalgia, retail also launched "Classic" version. So you got actually 2 versions of L2 retail, and an illimited amount of forks trying to emulate chronicles, being latest and older.

Thank you Tryskell.. that was very helpful 

• 5 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 6:58 PM, Metab said:

Hello,

I want to know what is the latest version of lineage 2?

is it high five, or interlude, or what?

Thank you

google lineage2 korea get in korean site translate it and go to updates