VPS for hosting server

I would like to know if these VPS here are ok to host an L2Server : https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud-ram.xml

OVH has also gameservers but with way higher budget. Are these VPS ddos protected?

If not , any suggestion on other hosting provider on budget ?

14 hours ago, alcohol said:

I would like to know if these VPS here are ok to host an L2Server : https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud-ram.xml

OVH has also gameservers but with way higher budget. Are these VPS ddos protected?

If not , any suggestion on other hosting provider on budget ?

www.sovahost.net

Yes, all vps from ovh are protected. Gaming protection is kinda better. But the default one, should be OK as well.

I highly doubt anyone would try to attack you.

regarding sovahost a client of mine had a problem with the dns, he had cloudflare and everything was working fine or at least he thought so.. players started reporting on social media their site is broken or not exists or not load at all, after I told an assistant of mine to check whats going on he told my client that the problem is related to dns updates cloud flare is working perfect website has no errors so the problem is your hosting company, after 3 days of trying to figure out what happening and ignoring my client they told him that they must remove cloud flare (server was online at the first week) so my client said if this will fix the problem do it, they removed cloud flare and he had players up to 15 days after that that they still could not see the website they did major damage on his server and nobody returned his money from advertisements on facebook topsites etc..

yes ovh vps protected from ddos, but still you need configure ovh firewall , example block all protocols (tcp,udp, icmp, gre ant etc...), all ports and open only which one you need.

always someone appear who will try to ddos you :D

I would not trust those cheap wannabe sites, resellers. It may bring more problems than you expect. Stick with known, original site rather than a reseller.

Better to pay few euro more and sleep in peace.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, alcohol said:

thank you all , waiting for some more answers to give a final desision.

I am between OVH and l2jguard till now.

you mean l2jguard.org?? don't even try this!

On 1/20/2019 at 12:15 AM, Smith said:

All prices is high - https://www.l2jguard.org/ has good prices with quality hardware

Bad services ever, I'm sorry to say that but I don't trust you specially when you don't reply to configure my l2jguard protection before one year.

If you want my word don't trust in this website.

I lost 100$ on shit :/.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:03 PM, DLDL said:

Bad services ever, I'm sorry to say that but I don't trust you specially when you don't reply to configure my l2jguard protection before one year.

If you want my word don't trust in this website.

I lost 100$ on shit :/.

Same situation just lost 50$.

• 5 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, La2Aria said:

sorry for the bump, so a high ram VPS would do the job? ( from OVH )

OVH is in my opinion over-rated and too expensive. Thre are plenty VPS out there with i7, 8 GB ram, 512 SSD with 20 e per month. Give it a search and prefer server's in France-Berlin e.t.c