Learning through L2

Next year i will be studying computer science and i want to start  learning more from now. Can l2 developing help me ? if you think that is not a good idea or there is a better way to learn about coding easier i would be grateful if you let me know . Thanks in advance for any reply

1 hour ago, aris96 said:

Next year i will be studying computer science and i want to start  learning more from now. Can l2 developing help me ? if you think that is not a good idea or there is a better way to learn about coding easier i would be grateful if you let me know . Thanks in advance for any reply

{GR} eksartatai. An thes na kaneis eksaskhsh se kapoia sugkekrimenh glwssa, tote nai. P.x Java, c++, sql, html ktlp. Twra android px den nomizw oti tha se voithisei kai polu 

1 hour ago, aris96 said:

Don't listen to the kiddo above me. He is r* and he dont know anything relative to develop. 

L2 is very complicated structure to start with, you won't understand anything. Better start write small programs on your own using eclipse and make small systems like login systems e.t.c

3 hours ago, Kara` said:

Don't listen to the kiddo above me. He is r* and he dont know anything relative to develop. 

L2 is very complicated structure to start with, you won't understand anything. Better start write small programs on your own using eclipse and make small systems like login systems e.t.c

thanks for the reply .. do u know any place where i can learn through tasks or any similar suggestion?what language u suggest to start with ?

3 hours ago, JohnBoy13 said:

{GR} eksartatai. An thes na kaneis eksaskhsh se kapoia sugkekrimenh glwssa, tote nai. P.x Java, c++, sql, html ktlp. Twra android px den nomizw oti tha se voithisei kai polu 

(GR) οχι φιλε μου δεν εχω κατι συγκεκριμενο στο μυαλο μου ακομα ψαχνομαι με τι γλωσσα να ξεκινησω να μαθαινω σαν εντελως αρχαριος και με android δεν εχω σκοπο να ασχοληθω στο κοντινο μελλον .. ευχαριστω για το reply παντως ..

2 hours ago, aris96 said:

(GR) οχι φιλε μου δεν εχω κατι συγκεκριμενο στο μυαλο μου ακομα ψαχνομαι με τι γλωσσα να ξεκινησω να μαθαινω σαν εντελως αρχαριος και με android δεν εχω σκοπο να ασχοληθω στο κοντινο μελλον .. ευχαριστω για το reply παντως ..

{GR} Treehouse checkare einai gurw sta 25 eurw to mhna ta standard mathimata kai exei polles glwsses

You could learn Java by adding, adapting, modifying patches. But that will take time, as you don't know what is what. You will struggle.

If you want to learn Java or any other language, I suggest to get a course in udemy. After that, when you understand basics, you can start with l2.

A nice Java course, in English with subtitles.

https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/

I would say L2J is a ground like another to begin with, it is also rewarding seeing your own creations taking life. Plus you can eventually contribute to projects, or improve community quality which mean what you did isn't completely lost (while your pacman/ping-pong/tetris game,... are).

L2J covers almost anything, from simple things to complex. It goes from adding a config to refactoring entire vital systems (movement, knownlist, mmocore, pathfinding). The good thing being, it doesn't sound like a class lesson/exercice.

You should still learn basic Java concepts (OOP concepts : polymorphism, inheritance, class,...), and basic programming logic (logic operators). That's the minimum required to correctly handle things.

Without any book (only guesses) and a basic logic, you can count 6 months minimum before being operational (I took personally 1y / 1,5y to be really efficient, without taking any course/lesson/reading book). If you come from another langage, it's probably far, far easier.

I invite you to ask questions on Google, and pick Stackoverflow website answers. Also a bookmark on javadoc is needed.

Finally, Java is extremely verbose (= easy to read). It is used by Android and multiple other popular frameworks. It also shares a lot of similar points with c# (in case you want to change). It can't be a bad choice.

Edited by Tryskell

2 hours ago, SweeTs said:

You could learn Java by adding, adapting, modifying patches. But that will take time, as you don't know what is what. You will struggle.

If you want to learn Java or any other language, I suggest to get a course in udemy. After that, when you understand basics, you can start with l2.

A nice Java course, in English with subtitles.

https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/

i will try your suggestion thank you 

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

I would say L2J is a ground like another to begin with, it is also rewarding seeing your own creations taking life. Plus you can eventually contribute to projects, or improve community quality which mean what you did isn't completely lost (while your pacman/ping-pong/tetris game,... are).

L2J covers almost anything, from simple things to complex. It goes from adding a config to refactoring entire vital systems (movement, knownlist, mmocore, pathfinding). The good thing being, it doesn't sound like a class lesson/exercice.

You should still learn basic Java concepts (OOP concepts : polymorphism, inheritance, class,...), and basic programming logic (logic operators). That's the minimum required to correctly handle things.

Without any book (only guesses) and a basic logic, you can count 6 months minimum before being operational (I took personally 1y / 1,5y to be really efficient, without taking any course/lesson/reading book). If you come from another langage, it's probably far, far easier.

I invite you to ask questions on Google, and pick Stackoverflow website answers. Also a bookmark on javadoc is needed.

Finally, Java is extremely verbose (= easy to read). It is used by Android and multiple other popular frameworks. It also shares a lot of similar points with c# (in case you want to change). It can't be a bad choice.

Thank you for all the information. I believe going with only guesses is the right thing to do as you overthink everything until you find a solution but i will start first with a course and then i will do what you did.

17 hours ago, JohnBoy13 said:

{GR} Treehouse checkare einai gurw sta 25 eurw to mhna ta standard mathimata kai exei polles glwsses

(GR) ευχαριστω φιλε για την συμβουλη θα το κοιταξω μιας και αποφασισα να ψαχτω για καποιο course.

23 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

First and foremost, yes, you can learn java by learning l2j and you can turn anything you learn from l2j into a real world commercial programming career. If l2j was not a thing I would not have a career today, and up until I got my first programming job, I didn't read a single tutorial or book.

It's written in a decent way for 2012, however real world applications are no longer coded in the l2j/acis way and no longer structured/compiled as such. I would expect the folks in L2jUnity to have modernised a lot of the stack.

This doesn't mean this is a bad way to start. It means that you are unlikely to see the same patterns in modern day java applications.

Also you have to understand that most of java applications nowadays are web apps that are built on top of Spring, which is a api framework. Apps that are considered services, like l2j, are only developed as microservices for cloud deployment, and elastic scale. This is where the market is heading. Applications like l2j, which are huge, untested, monoliths, are normally considered legacy software. Still a good thing to have under your belt.

Also, you don't need any books or tutorials. They might help for general java understanding but not for l2j specific things.

All you need is attention to detail and the understanding that all you do is trying to find the most efficient and clean way to solve the problem.

Read l2j code, learn from patterns, copy paste a lot of code and experiment with different things. If it compiles, test it. If it works, use it. If it doesn't, fix it.

thanks for the information i didnt understand most of the main part as i am completly newbie but i got your point.