I was just wondering.

There have been many event engines throughout the years but what's the status today?

What is the best event engine someone could buy or use currently?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

Is that the best thing you can get today in terms of event engines?

There is no one else selling NEW event engine(s). xxdem is/was selling also an event engine tho.

Eventually some private packs engines which are on market. But I doubt you can compare them to Erlandys one as all those packs are old and I doubt they care to update, recode their engines. Plus, Erlandys engine features and way more advanced. 

There exist some engines but all still the same thing...same events others are bugged others not...

As i can understand you are on the way to code one event engine..

My opinion its not to recreate already known events just create unique...

On my server im use ctf tvt dm engine what the players like most...but i got 2-3 events unique not including in engine they are extra events 1 time per day for examble...

Some lines of code and the results are fine..

23 minutes ago, Reborn12 said:

There exist some engines but all still the same thing...same events others are bugged others not...

As i can understand you are on the way to code one event engine..

My opinion its not to recreate already known events just create unique...

On my server im use ctf tvt dm engine what the players like most...but i got 2-3 events unique not including in engine they are extra events 1 time per day for examble...

Some lines of code and the results are fine..

I am not on a way to code anything. I did create the Tesla engine for L2BattleRoyale a while ago and I was just thinking if it's worth doing something with it.

In contrast with every other engine that has ever existed for l2j, it is a demand-based engine that has multiple parallel events and people can queue for those events. When there are enough people, a new instance of this event starts and people are being instanced to the map instead of the typical automated approach of one event at a time for the whole server. Still looking into it though.

The plan would be to open source part of the engine or just it's API alongside a few events and then people can build their own events on top of it.

Edited by Elfocrash

1 hour ago, SweeTs said:

There is no one else selling NEW event engine(s). xxdem is/was selling also an event engine tho.

Eventually some private packs engines which are on market. But I doubt you can compare them to Erlandys one as all those packs are old and I doubt they care to update, recode their engines. Plus, Erlandys engine features and way more advanced. 

Not commercializing my engine anymore, found it to hard to make people understand how to adapt/cfg/update it. Its the most powerful and the most complicated engine on L2, but not not not user friendly

5 hours ago, Pamela32 said:

Well .. i have work manybtimes with Erlandys.. he is one of the best devs.. but as far i know .. he stop working for l2java .. his engine is awesome!!

Looks like an enhanced copy of Nexus tbh. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying, we've seen it all before.

3 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

Looks like an enhanced copy of Nexus tbh. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying, we've seen it all before.

afaik its a crappy wanna be nexus engine full of bugs, not saying that nexus is good for today's standards

2 hours ago, xxdem said:

afaik its a crappy wanna be nexus engine full of bugs, not saying that nexus is good for today's standards

well i havent test it yet .. but i know erlandysas a java dev .. everything was perfect coded from him .. can u give us an example of bug from that engine ?

10 minutes ago, Pamela32 said:

well i havent test it yet .. but i know erlandysas a java dev .. everything was perfect coded from him .. can u give us an example of bug from that engine ?

i just have lots of messages "wtb pls fix my engine" 

20 hours ago, xxdem said:

i just have lots of messages "wtb pls fix my engine" 

Are you sure you are talking about Erlandys engine? Since why someone would pm you instead of him while he still dev it :D

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:57 PM, SweeTs said:

Are you sure you are talking about Erlandys engine? Since why someone would pm you instead of him while he still dev it :D

you imply that I am lying?