interlude players and custom mid rates

GLO

ive been out of l2 for quite a while but still have a lot of my custom stuff and server concept that i would like to work out, however i thought of turning it towards a mid rate instead of like a REAL custom server

server will be heavily influenced by l2 classic (which is the future) and will have some zones and interface and skills from it as well as some changes to items as well as custom stats for S grade and 'refined A grade'

class chances = warlord sk da necro summoners like classic

refined A grade sets = example: normal tallum armor gives 8% attack speed, refined gives 10% or 12%

runes instead of SA = promotes diversity and will just have 1 level due to client restrictions (https://l2wiki.com/classic/Runes)

if this server was to be done on lets say a 20x how well would it do with the current community? would it be better if this was kept as a pvp server instead (originally made to start at 75 and cap at 80 with custom rates)

will hav more detailed post later (had a pdf on what i did on custom server)

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately i don't think players would stay on a long term server nowdays..

The only "longterm" server they would join is servers like l2tales which again isn't a longterm server tbh.

And that's sad in my opinion, because there are people trying to revive l2 providing a good content and a long term server and not the classic 1 week servers and they fail due to low online.

8 hours ago, Designatix said:

Unfortunately i don't think players would stay on a long term server nowdays..

The only "longterm" server they would join is servers like l2tales which again isn't a longterm server tbh.

And that's sad in my opinion, because there are people trying to revive l2 providing a good content and a long term server and not the classic 1 week servers and they fail due to low online.

atleast tales is for 1 month,

not like destiny / era / dragon for 1 week ;D

most funny thing 1000 pvp after 3 weeks server.... 

4 hours ago, AchYlek said:

atleast tales is for 1 month,

not like destiny / era / dragon for 1 week ;D

most funny thing 1000 pvp after 3 weeks server.... 

yah i mean it's not longterm like the old servers we used to play for years

The problem is with community. It's hard to get (decent amount of) players. So, even if you do something nice, server most likely will have low online. Confirmed story :D

Even tho, that could be nice :)

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, SweeTs said:

The problem is with community. It's hard to get (decent amount of) players. So, even if you do something nice, server most likely will have low online. Confirmed story :D

Even tho, that could be nice :)

Oh, yeah, and success of NA Classic (3x full 6k players) is a proof

5 hours ago, Pastorious said:

Oh, yeah, and success of NA Classic (3x full 6k players) is a proof

We speak about customized java private servers.

8 hours ago, Designatix said:

We speak about customized java private servers.

12 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

noone talk about offi 

Sure. Problem is always with players, community, weather, only mxc's java servers admins are godalike immaculate brilliant genius, unfortunately, unappreciated

ROTFL

I'm not sure for now, but here is server pvp server pvp with "land" in name, 1-2k players online, domain still alive, but i'm too lazy to login and check online now, so....

1 minute ago, Pastorious said:

Sure. Problem is always with players, community, weather, only mxc's java servers admins are godalike immaculate brilliant genius, unfortunately, unappreciated

ROTFL

I'm not sure for now, but here is server pvp server pvp with "land" in name, 1-2k players online, domain still alive, but i'm too lazy to login and check online now, so....

It's not only community lol.

If you really believe your crap thinking you're one of the reasons l2 is goin to die.

l2 is simply going to die because of the following reasons

1. Even a kid with zero knowledge can open a frozen change configs and open a server with 50 euro maximum. That ruins l2 simply because these type of servers are and will be crap.

2. Everyone nowdays sees l2 as business, they do everything they can to make a money server ending up players within a week to be full and after some pvp they simply get bored.

3. Due to the both facts i mentioned before when someone is going to make a server which needs more than a week farm to get items who's going to join when people are used to change server every week? Who's going to farm when everyone is used to farm maximum 1 hour and start PvP. Even x20 servers which considered as mid rates and hard to get items last for 1 month - 2 tops due to the fact that even in these rates admins focus more on donations and pvp making server easy enough to become boring after some time.

Back in the days we used to play long term servers and farm for weeks and months to get the best gear possible because even donations back then wasn't that op, i remember back in the days when L2Gang was epilogue it was a x1000 pvp server but we were playing there for years even on client upgrades and we always had something to do with a maximum enchant of +10 which almost noone could get (i was the one of those that had 2 weaps +10 back then) and the donate enchant was +7 now you get from donations enchants like +20 when the normal max is +16, you get augments, you get a lot of things which back in the days you had to farm and spend hours trying to enchant, augment, etc.

Who's gonna do that now?

I will drop one question.

How many new people (12y.o) do you think they start l2 worldwide daily? Maybe 2? 3?4? Not more. And whh would they? MMO games are not trending like they used to be, and if they were, who would pick a 00's game?