P2P Good or bad ?

MTJ

1 minute ago, xxdem said:

oute vasikos den eisai dld, iparxoun donators me 4K kai 5K donates ston aepvp, kai oxi den ntinoun clan, isa gia ena subclass

Το μονο βιντεο που εχω δει απο το σερβερ σου ειναι που κανατε ενα event στο coliseum με 2 ομαδες και πηγαινε 1 προς 1. 

Δεν εκλαψα τα λεφτα μου κ ουτε προκειται περισσοτερα δινω στις τηλεορασεις και στις κονσολες που παιρνω καθε χρονο αλλα σκεφτομαι ποιος καθυστερημενος θα ειναι πισω απο το server και τοτε λυπαμαι και το 1 ευρω. Αλλα κ εγω ας πουμε οτι ανοιγα ενα success σερβερ θες να μ πεις οτι θα εμπαινες και θα εκανες donate επειδη σαρεσει ο σερβερ? 

1 hour ago, xxdem said:

My server is a community of 1K ~ 2K people, 90% of them are GR and you can't even imagine how much these "not too-wealthy" greeks can donate

doesn't change anything, each of these countries have ppl who play L2 and are willing to randomly drop 3k usd on priv servers they play - because they can. I did play with ppl spending even mores on official servers, each month for year straight, so its not that rare.

We need to look on avg wealthy and don't hope for single whales, most if not all of these has avg salary below 1k, in RUS its <500

you can imagine these people reconsider and question any spending few times, even when price is reasonable. So yeah, someone considering p2p model on privs needs serious reality check xD

1 minute ago, AlmostGood said:

doesn't change anything, each of these countries have ppl who play L2 and are willing to randomly drop 3k usd on priv servers they play - because they can. I did play with ppl spending even mores on official servers, each month for year straight, so its not that rare.

We need to look on avg wealthy and don't hope for single whales, most if not all of these has avg salary below 1k, in RUS its <500

you can imagine these people reconsider and question any spending few times, even when price is reasonable. So yeah, someone considering p2p model on privs needs serious reality check xD

avg salary is a bad parameter, trust me, you never know whose gonna play

16 hours ago, NaughtyGlad said:

Hello there,

So as the title says, is pay to play a good or a bad thing ?

I'm working on a project that will be officially announced too soon

And i'm curious if i made it pay to play with no donations will it be a good or a bad thing ?

Considering it will be interesting and very hype server :D

tales already tried pay to play server, failed so hard during ddos

since u want pay to play u need invest lot of money for that, and it wont be safe 100%

its most stupid idea ever, already i said to stalonka when he wanted do it... 

13 hours ago, AchYlek said:

tales already tried pay to play server, failed so hard during ddos

since u want pay to play u need invest lot of money for that, and it wont be safe 100%

its most stupid idea ever, already i said to stalonka when he wanted do it... 

What if you consider a good developer, good DDoS protection and that i have enough money to do it

and i have a good reputation, and my server will be for mostly new lineage 2 players ?

Maybe, I say maybe, in 2010 that could work, but for sure not anymore. EU community don't like mid rate servers, then prefer simple and fast pew pew. They don't want invest time to farm gear, so imagine they are paying in order to play. That's simply impossible. Simply open server with donations and that's it.

2k18 comunity = buy adr key, boting adena, buy donate coins for adena after buy items from donate = end game in 2 days and pev pev,

they wont pay for playing