P2P Good or bad ?

MTJ

Hello there,

So as the title says, is pay to play a good or a bad thing ?

I'm working on a project that will be officially announced too soon

And i'm curious if i made it pay to play with no donations will it be a good or a bad thing ?

Considering it will be interesting and very hype server :D

34 minutes ago, NaughtyGlad said:

Hello there,

So as the title says, is pay to play a good or a bad thing ?

I'm working on a project that will be officially announced too soon

And i'm curious if i made it pay to play with no donations will it be a good or a bad thing ?

Considering it will be interesting and very hype server :D

in 2018 pay to play??? wtf dude you are Official server ??

i dont think it a good idea (personal opinion)

to put it simple, you are extremely delusional ;D

noone will hype over lineage anymore to the point where p2p would be remotely possible,

if you are noname with no past it makes it even more ridicules,

on top of that, p2p and no store means less profit than 1 good donator could bring.

11 minutes ago, Diabaths said:

in 2018 pay to play??? wtf dude you are Official server ??

i dont think it a good idea (personal opinion)

Can i ask why ?

because i think if it's a good, trusted server from a company or something

it's good to be pay 2 play and no donations

specially it will be good against botting/hacking/feeding in oly and offensive language because they will be more afraid of their accounts

Edited by NaughtyGlad

3 minutes ago, AlmostGood said:

to put it simple, you are extremely delusional ;D

noone will hype over lineage anymore to the point where p2p would be remotely possible,

if you are noname with no past it makes it even more ridicules,

on top of that, p2p and no store means less profit than 1 good donator could bring.

That's why my friend said, if you aren't known, you won't be trusted neither in payment nor gameplay quality.

So is that it ? is the problem about the trust and reputation ?

please i need to hear more and thank you <3

you clearly didn't do any research on l2 community before deciding to make yet another server, did you?

games too old, hype train derailed years ago and community is made fully out of ppl who play this game for half of their lives.

Most of them already have precised taste in server settings and play using same scheme on each server (sprint->domination->next), anything which doesn't fit known scheme dies in shadow before launch.

tl;dr Noone would want to join your server to begin with, even if it was f2p you will have to move mountains to get any interest of leftover degenerates (pay clans/streamers/etc) :D

fast glance on demographics doesn't help too (order by ~playerbase):

1. RUS/CIS

2. SA (Brazil/Argentina/Chile)

3. nothing

4. EU (GR/LT/PL/RO/CZ)

each of above are, to put it lightly, not too-wealthy, so good luck with asking for p2p LUL

2 hours ago, AlmostGood said:

you clearly didn't do any research on l2 community before deciding to make yet another server, did you?

games too old, hype train derailed years ago and community is made fully out of ppl who play this game for half of their lives.

Most of them already have precised taste in server settings and play using same scheme on each server (sprint->domination->next), anything which doesn't fit known scheme dies in shadow before launch.

tl;dr Noone would want to join your server to begin with, even if it was f2p you will have to move mountains to get any interest of leftover degenerates (pay clans/streamers/etc) :D

fast glance on demographics doesn't help too (order by ~playerbase):

1. RUS/CIS

2. SA (Brazil/Argentina/Chile)

3. nothing

4. EU (GR/LT/PL/RO/CZ)

each of above are, to put it lightly, not too-wealthy, so good luck with asking for p2p LUL

My server is a community of 1K ~ 2K people, 90% of them are GR and you can't even imagine how much these "not too-wealthy" greeks can donate

34 minutes ago, xxdem said:

My server is a community of 1K ~ 2K people, 90% of them are GR and you can't even imagine how much these "not too-wealthy" greeks can donate

[GR] Να κανω donate στο server σου? Θα εκανα στον Elfo αλλα τον εκλεισε :/ Δεν το περιμενα αυτο απο τον Elfo. [/GR]

Just now, Kara` said:

[GR] Να κανω donate στο server σου? Θα εκανα στον Elfo αλλα τον εκλεισε :/ Δεν το περιμενα αυτο απο τον Elfo. [/GR]

An einai vasiko donate katw twn 300 perneis aftomatopiimeno mail me copy paste "thank you very much klp klp" kai ena token ID, an einai parapanw to sizitame

1 minute ago, xxdem said:

oso gia ton elfo, me ligi prospathia akoma ston server tou isws aksize kai to taliro donate

[GR] Καλα γαματο θα περιμενω να του ερθει κανενα καινουργιο project ιδεα και θα τρεξω να κανω donate πριν το κλεισει. [/GR]

Just now, Kara` said:

[GR] Καλα γαματο θα περιμενω να του ερθει κανενα καινουργιο project ιδεα και θα τρεξω να κανω donate πριν το κλεισει. [/GR]

trexa na prolaveis to grand opening omws giati defteri mera diskola

6 minutes ago, xxdem said:

An einai vasiko donate katw twn 300 perneis aftomatopiimeno mail me copy paste "thank you very much klp klp" kai ena token ID, an einai parapanw to sizitame

[GR] 300 Ευρω λεει. Τα μονα λεφτα που εδωσα σε σερβερ ηταν στο https://l2elite.us/ καπου στα 350-400 για +25 arcane mace acumen, full elite +25, baium + valakas + 8. Σιγα μην σ πληρωσω τη βετζινη. Και 300 ευρω κ ολας τη φαση wankel κινητα εχεις?  [/GR]

Edited by Kara`

Just now, xxdem said:

trexa na prolaveis to grand opening omws giati defteri mera diskola

[GR] Νταξει η αληθεια ειναι οτι ναι με τον Elfo παιζεις λιγο με τα δευτερολεπτα. Ειναι σε φαση "Κωστα βρηκα ενα καλο σερβερ να παιξουμε που ανοιξε ο elfo. Ελα να μπουμε μολ.. αστο το εκλεισε. [/GR]

3 minutes ago, Kara` said:

[GR] 300 Ευρω λεει. Τα μονα λεφτα που εδωσα σε σερβερ ηταν στο https://l2elite.us/ καπου στα 350-400 για +25 arcane mace acumen, full elite +25, baium + valakas + 8. Σιγα μην σ πληρωσω τη βετζινη. Και 30 ευρω κ ολας τη φαση wankel κινητα εχεις?  [/GR]

oute vasikos den eisai dld, iparxoun donators me 4K kai 5K donates ston aepvp, kai oxi den ntinoun clan, isa gia ena subclass

Edited by xxdem